Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths
(03-13-2019, 08:31 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 04:20 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: I'll have to do a bit more research to figure out where everyone else's fields of study are going to be.  I suspect that Homura's might be something like temporal mechanics so she can get a better handle on how her time manipulation abilities work.

Private tutoring from Setsuna?

Honestly, with as many time manipulators as we have in the setting, there'd probably be an entire department - The Temporal Studies Department.

The hilarious part is that I can easily see a few Federation officers from the future being resident professors that teach subjects such as Temporal Ethics and Temporal Law and Regulations, both of them being required courses for anyone taking classes in that department.  (While it would be technically altering the timeline, it would be for the best because while ignorance of the law is no legal defense, making sure people have that information will make their jobs up-stream in the timeline MUCH easier.)

I can also see The Doctor being the Chair of the Department, as well as the one who teaches the very much needed class, Temporal Crisis Management where young time travelers are taught how to avert paradoxes, and how to contain incidents until help can show up (such as one of the Federation's Time Ships or The Doctor himself).

Setsuna, I think, would teach Causality Engineering so that would-be time travellers can make informed decisions on how to alter the timeline if the situation warrants it.

It'd be funny if a Kosh was teaching the actual nuts and bolts of time travel.  Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths - by Black Aeronaut - 03-13-2019, 09:11 AM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 11-01-2016, 09:24 PM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 11-02-2016, 02:00 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 11-03-2016, 06:38 AM