Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths
Finally getting around to updating the wiki page for this...

(03-27-2020, 12:49 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Actually, once Aeka hears about what Usagi is up to, she'll be one of the first to step up and help her out with planning out the organization, given that she has first-hand experience with this sort of thing.

Also...

"I only wish I could give Benjamin a title as well."

"But whyever not, Usagi?"

"I thought you were going to give him a title."

Aeka smiled and replied, "Dear Usagi, in these unusual times where we have six different versions of Earth orbiting Sol, I believe that the Empire of Jyurai would be flexible enough to consider permitting dual-citizenship.  In fact, Benjamin gave me an idea by relating to us the story of one of his ancestors, a man named Jose de Urutia.  Tell me, how do you feel about placing our dearest Avenger in command of a jointly held and operated expeditionary fleet?"

The trouble with that is that, on Coronation Day, Usagi only has two ships - three if you count Ami's runabout Rideau. Ben would be commander of an either nonexistent or Juraiian fleet during Arc 2.

(03-27-2020, 12:49 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: As for what title he'd get...  Rei would probably grab him and go "MINE" by way of proclaiming him to be the Duke of Cydonia.

Homura...  You'd probably want to offer her something a bit better than that.  She is, after all, a Goddess in her own right - albeit something of an Infernal Goddess.  That said, I think Hotaru would love to offer her a high-ranking position on Saturn.

I'll point out that Homura is being offered the same rank as Hikaru Shidou - who is also a Goddess in her own right.

However, if Hotaru offers Homura a duchy, Usagi won't say no. But now I have to research what features exist on Saturn... and, considering it's a gas giant, how long they last.

EDIT: Heck with it - the gas giants will use their moons for duchies.

(03-27-2020, 12:49 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Although Madoka, on the other hand, would probably be ecstatic to be serving Usagi.

I can't see Teletha saying no to being one of Usagi's advisors.  but she would probably ask for her posting to be deferred until she's had a chance to apprentice under Seto.

And suddenly the bit from the first verse of "Swingin'" by Tom Petty and The Heart Breakers comes to mind...  "Yeah, that's when it happened.  The world caught fire that day."

(Think about it.  Teletha's got a mischievous streak in her that rivals Seto's.  These two are gonna get along like a house on fire.)

Usagi would go "Sure, whatever works." But she's still getting the title (and precedence) on Coronation Day.

(03-27-2020, 12:49 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Fate and Nanoha...  The turn of phrase "I work for a living" will apply in spades, and will be quite content with being Knights.  Same for Sayaka and Kyoko.... But not for Mami.  Minako is probably going to make Mami an offer she can't possibly refuse.  (As beautiful, graceful, and dignified as Mami is, and a ribbon user on top of all that?  Can you see Minako not trying to get Mami as a lady in peerage on Venus?)

If Mami gets a duchy on Venus, she'll get to name the other Puella Magica as Knights.

Likewise, once Hayate is the Countess of the Lacus Spei, she'll have the authority to name her own Knights. Of course, she starts with the four that came with her book Smile ... but Nanoha and Fate would be #5 and #6.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths - by robkelk - 04-04-2020, 08:21 PM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 11-01-2016, 09:24 PM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 11-02-2016, 02:00 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 11-03-2016, 06:38 AM