Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths
(09-03-2020, 12:27 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 12:08 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: (And in this context, Largo suddenly seems like such a 2-Dimensional character.  Even Quincy was a more well-developed character, and he was kept shrouded in mystery as much as possible.)

I think you hit the nail on the head there, BA.

Largo as a bad guy? Why write a story about a flat character?

Pretty much. Thinking about it a bit more, I suspect that no matter what Largo's true End is going to be, it'll probably fall comically short of The Means. How to bring comedy to cyber punk - ask the big bad that wants total domination what it is they REALLY want, and have it be something incredibly lame.

(09-03-2020, 12:27 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 08:08 AM)robkelk Wrote: Closest I can find in a one-minute search

Which got me thinking... who's going to be in the ICPO? That's the Interstellar Criminal Police Organization (a brand-new only-exists-in-the-Metacontinuity branch of the Galaxy Police), of course

Tomo, of course. Mii and Kazari, probably. Mihoshi, maybe. Who else?

Dunno. Not Ben. He's going to be more of a... Military response. The kind where, once presented with a target, he'll quote Basher in Ocean's 11: "Do you want blind, broke, or bedlam?"

That said, though.... The Metacontinuity being what it is, it's entirely possible that the IPO from Atomic Robo would actually exist, as well as their arch-rival organization, Big Fire. (EDIT: In other words, no need for a Bland Name Product here when we can have the Real Deal.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths - by Black Aeronaut - 09-03-2020, 12:50 PM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 11-01-2016, 09:24 PM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 11-02-2016, 02:00 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 11-03-2016, 06:38 AM