Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths
Technically Usagi will become Neo Queen Serenity, and I'm sure a neo queen is different from a queen in some postmodern way.  I mean, she's not dynamite with a laser beam, right?  They probably elected her after she brainwashed them with Moon Healing Escalation, which is almost like a real election except she uses magic rather than advertising and propaganda for the brainwashing part.

I do wonder what kind of government they'd actually have.  I suspect it might be somewhere between Iran and 19th century England, with a balance of monarchical, religious, and democratic elements.  I know if I was a making a government, I'd figure out ways to use sortition more. Not too much of it -- it turns out that professional politicians are actually better at politics than normals (imagine that).  But in things like parks, water boards, utility districts and such, ordinary people could be good.  No reason to limit sortition to jury service.

Akari suggests a Serenìsima Repùblica for Neo Queen Serenity.  Just uh, don't ask her to explain how the Doge was elected.  Seriously, it makes this whole electoral college thing seem simple.  It's actually not a bad suggestion at all, just so long as there is some provision to prevent another Serrata del Maggior Consiglio from happening.  The Venetian Republic is part monarchist, part aristocratic, and part democratic.  There's something for everyone!  And the government did last a millennium, so there is that.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths - by Labster - 10-12-2021, 02:16 AM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 11-01-2016, 09:24 PM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 11-02-2016, 02:00 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 11-03-2016, 06:38 AM