Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths
(10-13-2021, 03:50 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 06:27 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 04:31 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: RE: Chikyū-no-Mau....  I can't find anything that gives Luna and Artemis any surnames.  Got a source?  Otherwise... Chikyū seems to be used in Japanese to refer to Earth as a proper noun, and not a generalized noun like "planet" would be.  At least, I haven't seen it used that way before.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

No source, which is why I fell back on "Mau of Earth" (and, for Diana, "Mao of the Moon of Earth") t distinguish them from Mau of other star systems.

Okay, that's what I thought.  It's just that it gets to be a real mouthful and that kinda bugs me.

Perhaps if we could do something about Mau being a dead world?

Maybe we can convince the Federation to dust off Project Genesis with the aim to revive planets rendered lifeless by Galaxia?  I mean, we do have Hotaru, but she'll need a few years to grow up all over again after each shot.  Tongue

"As much as I'd like to re-create the terraforming magic that made all of the terrestrial planets in the inner Solar system habitable, there simply isn't enough raw magic available to cast all of the spells we'd need."

Sakura Matou raised her hand. "I have access to a lot of power. If I draw on the Grail fragments that my stepfather forced into my body, my minimum draw is about the same as the output of one thousand Divine Busters."

(Hayate leaned over to Fate, and whispered, "Remind me to never get her upset with me.")

Which still won't be enough - Sakura Matou might have "effectively limitless" magic for normal use, but megaprojects on the scale of making entire worlds habitable would still drain her reserves... and she doesn't have any way to replenish those reserves in a normal human lifetime.And then there's the nature and cost of magic in any TYPE/MOON setting...

Maybe let Sakura test her ideas on a smaller solar system body first, say Ceres or Vesta.

"Hey!"

Oops... Sorry, Cere-Cere and Ves-Ves. Maybe let Sakura test her ideas on a much smaller solar system body without a Star Seed first.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths - by robkelk - 01-28-2022, 09:45 PM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 11-01-2016, 09:24 PM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 11-02-2016, 02:00 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 11-03-2016, 06:38 AM