Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Motivational Poster
Re: YAMP
Quote:
Griever, those gave me a good laugh this morning right when I needed it. Thanks.
Glad to be of help ^_^.

A couple of EVA posters:
[Image: reipetxb1.th.jpg]
[Image: reioriginalcq9.th.jpg]
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Re: YAMP
But isn't that San Ayanami in the second one? (From EPU's Neon Exodus Evangelion...)
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
hm
Actually that is Yui Ichijo, as the developers of EVA called her, and she was split into Rei and Shinji.
So she would have been the broken "woobie" and Asuka would have been the perky one. As far as you can be a perky one in an EVA-verse.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
re: hm
Quote:
Actually that is Yui Ichijo, as the developers of EVA called her, and she was split into Rei and Shinji.
Mm. It'd be an interesting possible plot for an EVA alt, where Shinji wishes for a world in which he'd not have to pilot EVA and gets dropped into one with 'original flavor' Yui/Rei and Asuka as the pilots and all the other things adjusted accordingly.
'Sides, I actually like those initial designs better than I do those they ended up using. Freckles and shorter hair look better on Asuka, IMO. Also, plugsuits seem far more 'realistic' ... well, maybe 'utilitarian' would be a better word to use.
*chuckle* Wouldn't it be amusing for Emi and Katsu to get dropped into an EVA alt like that, where the gist is familiar but the details are ... well ... _not_. Hell, it'd be a fun worldbuilding excercise at the very least.
speaking of whom:
[Image: katsuhairrx0.th.jpg]
and just because we're talking EVA:
[Image: mayalaptopdn2.th.jpg]

ETA: because it needs to be said:
[Image: evaoriginalfa8.th.jpg]
modular design and back mounted weapons for the win. Bet the shoulder pieces rotate to bring those guns into firing position?
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Re: re: hm
Yow. This is the first I've ever heard of an earlier development version of Evangelion. Where I can I learn more?
-- Bob
---------
Re: re: hm
That's a very good question, actually. I've tried just googling, but there's precious little info that I've managed to unearth that way, mostly just confirmation about the naming thing.
So ... Bueller?
-Griever
Bueller?
Actually that's from the Newtype 100% book for Evangelion, which shows those... but REALLY small... I also think that Sadamoto's gallery book, Der Mond has a lot of EVA concept pieces, including the bridge bunnies that were replaced by Hyuga and Aoba. [It's a shame: they had a really cute/pixieish blonde that was cut.]
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
re: Bueller?
'Der Mond' scans here:
gallery.point-blank.cc/dermond?page=7
of note is this image:
gallery.point-blank.cc/de...damoto_068
looks like a proto design for Unit 00, maybe? Plus, izzat the 3rd Angel? Holy Kamen Rider flashbacks, Batman!
Ripping most of my Eva pic refs from here (also a fair bit of Der Mond images to be found on this page):
purlace.net/eva/image.html
-Griever
Re: re: Bueller?
Wondering: has anyone else here been following the Angelic Days manga?
Starts off with Shinji's normal-anime fantasy sequence from the last couple of episodes and develops it into a full-fledged reboot of the series -- Angels, Evas, NERV, et al, only with Children who are a fair bit saner than the original. Yui's alive (though Gendo hasn't visibly changed), Kaoru's around from day one, Rei and Asuka are quietly competing over Shinji, Shinji himself I'd say is actually brave... (terrified, yes, but no wuss he)...
It's like "Neon Apology Evangelion." Smile
--Sam
"Evil, chum, is ever green."
Quote:
Wondering: has anyone else here been following the Angelic Days manga?
Some. I've gone through the first two volumes, and I'm pretty torn. On one hand, the story seems amusing and interesting enough ... on the other, the art doesn't measure up. At all.
I dunno why Sadamoto didn't do this, but they could have at least bothered to look for some halfway decent artist for it instead of they guy they got.
-Griever
I have to agree on the art, but I'm willing to put up with it for the story. So far, anyway...
--Sam
"Well, let's go beat up that hedge then."
I've seen 'em. Thought about buying 'em, decided against it. I agree with Griever, the art's sorta off, and it's hard for me to justify manga purchases as is. My wallet aches...
I dunno what to think about the series, though. It's...fanfic, really.
's just that Evangelion's been around long enough, and has a large enough fanbase...and a parent company mercenary enough.. for this to actually hit the market as a commercial product.
I mean, the urge to 'fix' series to have a happy ending, or to be nicer, shinier...well, that's a total fan writing thing. 'specially if the series has characters that appeal to the heart (or libido).
So, that's the whole positive-outlook rewrite of Evangelion right there.
I figure most folks here read EPU stuff...well, that's Neon Exodus Evangelion right there. It's the same thing. It's happy-rewrite fanfic. Well, not that NXE is all shiny fluff, Gryphon and company grok the dramatic necessity of throwing rocks at one's characters...but, y'know. It's more positive.
People like positive. If you associate with characters, you wanna see 'em happy. People like positive themes, positive messages. Or something.
...well. That's how I think, anyway. To a degree. I wrote another opening sequence for my own Evangelion fic just yesterday...I hope to finish it sometime, but given the fact I've rewritten the first chapter three times over the past four years, I doubt that'd be anytime soon.
But the thing's called "Evangelion: Road to Damascus" - the title's Biblical reference tells you everything you need to know about my feelings on the subject. o_o
-- Acyl
Ahem. *Raise dead*!
Feeling motivational today:
[Image: blackprojectsll8.th.jpg]
[Image: budgetwj8.th.jpg]
[Image: bikerq3.th.jpg]
Black Lagoon/Haruhi anyone?
[Image: crossoversjo4.th.jpg]
[Image: passioncq1.th.jpg]
now for one completely unrelated:
[Image: carbmotivect8.th.jpg]
ahem. pantsuuuuuuu ....
[Image: nagatomatrixwe6.th.jpg]
That's all for now.
-Griever
RE: Ahem. *Raise dead*!
Alternate title for #5.
"Guitar Hero: Because medium mode is for wimps."
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
RE: Ahem. *Raise dead*!
Here you go:
[Image: guitarherohw0.th.jpg]
also:
[Image: harudrunkmotivewm2.th.jpg]
-Griever
Re: RE: Ahem. *Raise dead*!
Since this thread resurrected, I suppose I should throw this one in, which I found a few days ago:
Dividing By Zero
-- Bob
---------
Well, if we're playing again, I suppose I can share a couple I made to test the process...
Believe in Yourself
Girlfriends

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Well, "Believe in Yourself" really speaks to me ... 'cause there's no other justification for me believing in myself....
Oh, gods, now I've got the urge to visit despair.com again....
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Lightsabers
(okay, a bit of thread necromancy, sue me. But it seemed better than starting a new one)
i19.photobucket.com/album...tsaber.jpg
Yes. I have searched my feelings. And it is true. AND I WANT ONE DANGIT!!!!!
And another one
I really need to stop hitting www.thefunniest.info....
i19.photobucket.com/album...eatism.jpg
NSFW
...really, REALLY need to stop hitting thefunniest.info.....
www.funnyhub.com/pictures...-goals.jpg
I'm focussing, I'm focussing!
I! CAN'T! STOP!
Speeding, that is.
quantumsquid.adammil.net/...erules.jpg
That's it, I'm done.
I'm closing that browser window before I find any more.
i19.photobucket.com/album...nd1r1j.jpg
AWESOME.
Re: NSFW
Quote:
...really, REALLY need to stop hitting thefunniest.info.....
www.funnyhub.com/pictures...-goals.jpg
I'm focussing, I'm focussing!

You know, I'd print it and hang it on my pffice cubicle, if I thought I can get away with it.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Re: NSFW
I guess I have to wait 9 hours to see this one... On the same topic, I recently found a NSFW one that I should post on this thread... Gotta remember to do that when I get home tonight.
ETA: Okay, here. WARNING! NSFW.
-- Bob
---------