Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIAA case thrown out of court
RIAA case thrown out of court
Just because the judge wanted the RIAA to show some... what was the word, again?... oh, yes: "evidence".
This is the first time I've heard of someone who didn't even bother to show up in court not losing the case, too.
Inquirer story

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Re: RIAA case thrown out of court

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Quote:
Just because the judge wanted the RIAA to show some... what was the word, again?... oh, yes: "evidence".
The only really valid evidence I've ever heard of has been from a variety of artists of various types saying that their sales went up after they put their material on-line for free.
Eric Flint's October 2000 introduction of the Baen Free Library (www.baen.com/library/) discusses his experiences with free downloading of his books.
Singer Janis Ian also has an interesting take on things. Her first article on the subject, The Internet Debacle - An Alternative View, is available on her website. The follow-up, Fallout - a followup to The Internet Debacle, which deals with the reaction to her original article, is also available on her website (www.janisian.com).
Quote:
This is the first time I've heard of someone who didn't even bother to show up in court not losing the case, too.
Nah, that happens all the time. Of course, that's usually when the prosecution/plantiff who doesn't show up... (the cop who gave you the ticket doesn't appear in court)

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia
What Jeanne said.
Oh, and .--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.