Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New evangelion movies!
New evangelion movies!
This is Rebuild of Evangelion.
Its been twelve years since Neon Genesis Evangelion hit Japanese airwaves and theyre still making toys, manga, and video games based on the series. Check out this growed up version of Rei Ayanami along with this highly articulated Rei. Eva fandom is still very much alive.
Instead of launching a new series to continue where the first left off as many anime and manga tend to do, Gainax has decided to revamp Neon Genesis Evangelion with four feature length movies. Now dubbed Rebuild of Evangelion, the first three films will retell the television series using modern animation techniques including CG assisted animation while the fourth movie will cover all new material. From the trailer footage, it looks like some scenes will be redone shot for shot along with completely new animation. Unit 1 is sporting a slightly revamped design which looks quite good. I cant wait to see it in action.
The first film hits theaters September 1. Could be good. Could be just as confusing as the series which is always fun.
Youtube promo links:
uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9M5F2Yr0NEw
uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ql8bxKTzJME
uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bmMal5YjDmA

Link for picture of mentioned slightly nsfw rei figure:
www.dannychoo.com/blog_en...i+Ayanami/

stage6.divx.com/user/gree...Evangelion
stage6.divx.com/user/Mall...-Rebuild-2
Edit: Stage 6 links to the two trailers!
Re: New evangelion movies!
Quote:
Link for picture of mentioned slightly nsfw rei figure:
Yeesh, that's Rei at 25, isn't it?

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
I'm amused by the comment "People really need to keep in mind (I've said this only too many times) that Rei is only, and ONLY, 14 years old." There's no way that figure is of a 14 year old girl...
I'm also reminded of something I thought at this years AnimeIowa while looking at the figures people were selling. "The figure manufacturers must think they can put Rei Ayanami in any sort of outfit, and have people buy it. ...And they're probably right."
(I personally got one of Rei in a black dress, and one of those "Let's turn the angels into cute girls" figures. '.' )
-Morgan. Everyone is Rei Ayanami. '.' "Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
-Haruhi, "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
---(Not really)
My one comment on Rei to remember is this - "Bio-engineering is fun" Wink
You can ask FB, Ive always been a huge Rei fanboi >[Image: faveosig.jpg]
You know, it goes to show exactly how I feel about Evangelion that my first thought when I heard this plan was:
"Are they going to make it not suck this time?"
--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
Three of the regulars on rec.arts.anime.misc made it to Worldcon Yokohama, and one of those three managed to see Rebuild of Evangelion #1 in the theatre. (Lucky stiff...) Here's what he had to say about the movie.
(I must remember to offer to teach him how to review a movie, sometime...)

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Quote:
Three of the regulars on rec.arts.anime.misc made it to Worldcon Yokohama, and one of those three managed to see Rebuild of Evangelion #1 in the theatre. (Lucky stiff...) Here's what he had to say about the movie.
Which is ... exactly what we knew of it before. That's about as close to a perfectly useless review as I've seen.
Judging by the other stuff floating around, no, they didn't make it not-suck. I'll reserve a more personal opinion until I've had a chance to see it, but ... eh. I'm not exactly moved to get my hopes up by any of the news.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Quote:
Which is ... exactly what we knew of it before. That's about as close to a perfectly useless review as I've seen.
Tell me about it...
It turns out one of the other rec.arts.anime.misc regulars at Worldcon has also seen the movie. He's posted a better, if spoiler-laden, review to his blog.

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012