Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manga recommendation: Fairy Tail
Manga recommendation: Fairy Tail
Something about this reminds me heavily of One Piece (although, to be fair, I haven't watched/read much of One Piece). Maybe it's the art style, maybe it's the tone of the story, maybe it's the group of characters, but it just resonates.
In a way though, this manga reminds me of Black Lagoon -- not in any way because of the style but because Lucy is like the Rock of the Fairy Tail guild. I don't think it would be a stretch to say she's the most stable person in the guild despite her quirks (and those of her summons; Aquarius really has to be seen to be believed), and we view the menagerie of characters through her eyes.
One of the other main characters, Natsu, reminds me of Luffy. He has that same bravado, the same characteristic of setting high goals and doing ridiculous things and going through for his friends.
This manga is also rather rpg-ish. Erza-san (who is awesome), for ex., uses ex-quip to fight. Ex-quip is short for exchange-equip as far as I can tell. Basically, she whips out diff. armors and weapons as the situation warrants.
There are various guilds in the land and they survive by taking on missions of various rankings and this follows the adventures of this particularly ... destructive... guild. Or to put it another way, they subscribe to the Lina Inverse method of completing missions. ^_^
Fun manga; kefi.org has been doing it if you'd like to check it out.