Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost done..
Almost done..
A rundown of what's happening at my workplace. I had nearly 20 hours of overtime on my last timecard, and developed 17 during this week. This is a 'heads up' as to the factors driving my lack of input to fenspace/fenwiki, and a bit of a notepad for me to put together my "you freaking idiots desperately need this position, and I'm doing a damn fine job in it, so gimme a raise instead of a pink slip" packet for december.
I'll update later with my tasking involved in each of these projects, which should be amusing..

Project: Fleetwide GPS monitoring (75 units) @ 99% completion, yielded ~20 hours overtime. 1 GPS unit pending install when ~2 hour drive time + ~1 hour flight time (one way) to reach vehicle is convenient.
Project: Cellular Data Network (GSM) SCADA: Operational, one site for Phase One remains, current yield @ 12 hours of OT.
Project: Palmer Tower (100ft self supporting): Proceeding, Foundation is poured and curing. Contracted, no overtime yielded. ~250 miles travel allowance.
Project: Thermal Electric Generator SCADA sites: Phase 1 is in diagnostic mode, systems operational (2/5 meters nonresponsive). No overtime yield as of yet.
Project: Beluga Microwave on hold pending tower crew availability.
Project: Wasilla Microwave on hold pending defeat of local historical society imbeciles in legal arena.
Project: SCADA Phase IV pending 2008 budget
Project: Tower & Site Maintenance pending, 0/~50 sites surveyed, no preventative maintenance performed or likely in '07.
Project: IP Security Cameras (Local) pending, awaiting response from engineering department as to next step, RE: Contractor malfeasance
Project: IP Security Cameras (Remote) pending, awaiting '08 budget for pilot program
Project: Power System Replacement (Wasilla, K Beach, Soldotna) pending, awaiting inclusion in '08 or '09 capital budget.
Project: Power System Replacement (Gudenrath) pending, awaiting confirmation of inclusion in '08 budget.
Project: Power System Replacement (International Airport Rd) pending development of appropriate shielded AC feed for rectifier shelf, load engineering analysis for floor.
Project: Alarm and Monitoring (Remote) pending sourcing of appropriate ethernet based SNMP hardware.
Project: Gas Control Integration pending '08 inclusion of SNMP module for Cygnet or SNMP to Modbus OPC server in budget.
Project: HVAC Update Phase Two pending approval of Windows XP compatible software or central HVAC controller replacement.
Edit:
Project: Palmer Tower @ standby, tower is up, antennas and feedlines are deployed, awaiting conduit and radio installation.
Project: Beluga Microwave proceeding nicely. Glen Alps (Site A) is complete save for antenna mount - no additional antenna space available. 775 lbs cargo delivered to local small air carrier for delivery to beluga this evening, crew and myself going over tomorrow AM.
Link to Wikipedia on Flattop Mountain - Glen Alps site is just above the trailhead parking lot.

Link to Wikipedia on Beluga, Alaska. check the google map - we're in the middle of the bush, but ~20 minutes by plane from Anchorage!
Beluga is interesting. There's road access to it from the Alaska State Highway system - in the winter. There is often an ice road over the Susitna river that allows conventional vehicles access to Beluga/Tyonek/Etc. During the summer - you fly. Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Re: Almost done..
Quote:
This is a 'heads up' as to the factors driving my lack of input to fenspace/fenwiki
Not a problem - I think we all know that work comes second, and hobbies come third.
("What comes first?" Family.)
And that's quite an impressive list of projects...

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Re: Almost done..
Made some edits. Beluga is a really neat place, I'm gonna bring my camera and get some ride-along type footage for yous guys. Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979