Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sakura Taisen Manga Volume 5
Sakura Taisen Manga Volume 5
In the middle of reading it now..the one with Kohran in the cover...and something brought it a fact to my mind...
It seems to be a recurring theme that almost all of the original hanagumi suffered a tragedy prior to joining. Yes, even Iris. I'm surprised she did not pull a Carrie and remained a sweet and lovable girl. Sumire, it seemed, was the only one who grew up having a normal childhood, not to mention as a scion of one of the riche (I don't think they noveau) in Japan.
And at the back pages, it seems they going to go all the way to Sakura Taisen V!
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Re: Sakura Taisen Manga Volume 5
Especially Iris. That's some hellified denial she was doing to be so cheerful up until that movie brought back the memories.
As for the Chateaubriand family tradition of dealing with their powers...
"M'sieu? There is a Professor Xavier from America who wishes to speak with you."
Edit: As far as Sumire is concerned, I'm pretty sure I recall reading somewhere that her father was absent from her upbringing so much that he might as well have been dead, or maybe she actually thought he was dead. I think that source said, as an extenuating circumstance, that he'd been working on koubu development to ensure that they'd be powerful enough to keep her safe.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Re: Sakura Taisen Manga Volume 5
Yes, that's covered in the TV series. She thought that he was work-obsessed and had essentially abandoned her in favor of his job. However, when the Hanagumi met him, he turned out to be a very pleasant fellow who was putting all his energy into personally making sure his company turned out the very best equipment for keeping his daughter safe while she did her very dangerous job.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
What's worse?
Having a father abandon you while growing up (even for the best of reasons?) or having a parent or parents killed?
I'm of the opinion Sumire got off lightly compared to the others.
You know, I don't know anything about the backstory of the New York Troupe ( the only thing I'm aware off is that Diana Caprice was wheelchair bound for a time). Anyone know anything about their backstory?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell