Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unconfirmed - Ben Kingsley on Doctor Who
Unconfirmed - Ben Kingsley on Doctor Who
Not to get anyone's hopes up or anything (yeah, right), but the Register is reporting that the Sun is reporting that Sir Ben Kingsley might be playing Davros in the next season of Doctor Who.
Now, the Reg has been wrong about Doctor Who in the past, and the Sun doesn't have a reputation for getting this kind of story right, either... but what if it's true? Sir Ben Kinglsey. On Doctor Who. Playing one of the classic "big bads". Wow.

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Re: Unconfirmed - Ben Kingsley on Doctor Who
Which is causing me a bit of cogantive disonance, as to me he will be forever typecast as an Indian pacifist...."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Re: Unconfirmed - Ben Kingsley on Doctor Who
Kingsley is a great actor, but more than that, he's willing to take oddball parts that let him stretch further as an actor. One of my favorite performances by him is as the fool in the recent film production of Twelfth Night that stars Helena Bonham Carter. Not a role you would normally expect a talent like Kingsley to take -- small, secondary to the story and requiring singing -- but he was fantastic in it.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.