Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New summer anime - Code E
New summer anime - Code E
An acquaintance of mine watches current anime in raw Japanese, and posts his opinions to Usenet. He's been giving most of the summer titles a thumb-down, but is impressed by the first episode of Code E. His full writeup's
here; I'll just quote part of it:
Quote:
In 1997 an unusual meteorite lands in a lake in Japan. Twenty years later 17 year old megane-ko Chinami Ebihara leads a very, very low tech life, particularly when you consider that her dad is a techie and her mom an executive. But Chinami has none of the "necessities of life" - no cell phone, no pc, no smart cards - nothing electronic. This is because Chinami "interacts" at short distances with any electronic equipment, causing it to malfunction.
Chinami and her parents have kept this a secret, but this has made Chinami a very nervously self-conscious girl who tries her best to stay away from electronics and has developed a habit of apologizing to anyone very quickly. But Chinami lives in a Japanese city in a Digital World, and there is no way that she can do the "usual" things without interacting in some manner with all of the electronic and electrical infrastructure that is around her at all times.
Chinami transfers schools once again in 2nd year high school and fortunately for her she makes an immediate friend in classmate Keiko Komatsuna who shows her around the school. But problems start as the class techie-freak Kotaro Kannagi develops an interest in Chinami and "in her body".
I haven't spotted a fansub yet, but (considering how bad the rest of the summer anime is this year) I suspect it's only a matter of time. And there's already the raw Japanese episodes, of course...

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Re: New summer anime - Code E
Well if you drop by Animesuki, you'll find that there's a torrent of the fansub now seeding.
Just why did they chose to release it in the matroska codec, beats me. I'd a major annoyance in trying to watch it. A download of the latest CCCP set fixed it.
It's showing promise, still it's just early days in the series though. While I see the hints of R.O.D., I got more of a Karin vibe from the first ep.
--Rod.H
Re: New summer anime - Code E
It shows promise. It's definitely both funny and cool. It may be the sleeper hit of the summer. Chinami is a fun lead, although Kanagi may want to work on not being so blunt. *snrk* ROD vibes are present, but I see them only in the OP and a little bit in the phone call Chinami's father received.*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
I want to like this. I do.
I want to like this very much. However, the Matroshka Cod....
ki..
ot on my co... ter. It may just be because the subtitles aren't "hardcoded" into the file and it sucks up much more cpu/memory.
I'll have to hope it gets picked up. Because I just ADORE what I can see of the main character.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll