Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kate Winslet as the Silk Spectre?
Kate Winslet as the Silk Spectre?
Some casting news/rumors for the upcoming Watchmen movie.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Re: Kate Winslet as the Silk Spectre?
What, are they trying again to make that movie? (I thought the option on the Watchmen property ran out years ago...)
She'd probably make a good Silk Spectre, but I'm not holding my breath to see her in the role until the movie actually premieres.

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
I sincerely hope they do not make a "Watchmen" movie. The political climate has changed so much that the entire background would have to be rewritten. I think it would fail to have the impact that it should.Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
I don't know Silk Spectre from silk stockings, but I would watch Kate Winslet in just about any movie she would choose to make. For once, someone who apparently hasn't let movie success go to her head in RL.

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia
More developments
www.rorschachsjournal.com
Looks like an attempt to start some viral marketing, honestly, but it does seem to indicate that this project is moving along.

-- Bob
---------
Re: More developments
And this... apparently brief image of Rorshach appears in one of the 300 trailers. Article -- and picture -- here.
And if you want the clear hi-res version, open this link in another window or tab.

-- Bob
---------