Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harry Potter Book 7 Speculation
Harry Potter Book 7 Speculation
Given that there are only 16 more days until the last Harry Potter book is released, I just wanted to engage in a single act of speculation regarding the book. I tried registering with Muggle.net to do so, but my first two attempts to register were ignored and my third attempt revealed that they'd banned my e-mail address. Attempts to contact their administrators to find out why I'd been banned (despite having never managed to login even once) have also been ignored. So, failing to engage in speculation there I hope you don't mind my doing so here.

POTENTIAL SPOILER SPACE

I believe that there is a good chance that Professor Severus Snape is Dumbledore's illegitimate child. There are several pieces of supporting evidence. These are a few of the more obvious ones:
Looking over a Potterverse timeline reveals that Snape was conceived right around the time that Dumbledore was made Headmaster of Hogwarts. Perhaps Dumbledore wouldn't have gotten the job if it had been known that an unwed woman was carrying his child?
Snape's job at Hogwarts suggests that he is an excellent potion maker. Dumbledore was sufficinetly skilled at potion making that his chocolate frog card specifically notes that he assisted Flamel, the maker of the philosopher's stone.
Both Snape and Dumbledore are skilled at Legilimency.
Snape has always seemed inordinately angry at both Harry and James Potter. Perhaps this is because he sees them as being rivals for the affection of the father that could never publicly acknowledge him.
Dumbledore seemed to give Snape a disturbing amount of leeway in his behavior. Perhaps it was partly because of a guilty belief that Snape was the way that he was because Dumbledore couldn't be there for him the way that he should have been.
Dumbledore seemed to trust Snape's loyalty implicitly. Perhaps it was because he had faith in their family ties.
In book 6 Harry overheard a conversation between Snape and Dumbledore in which Snape petulantly whined that he didn't want to perform a certain task while Dumbledore chided him and demanded that he do as he'd promised. This certainly sounds like an argument between a parent and child.
What do you all think about my theory?
-Essex
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV
Re: Harry Potter Book 7 Speculation
...That makes a disquieting amount of sense...
--Sam
"Is this a warm moment or should we be disturbed?"
Re: Harry Potter Book 7 Speculation
No real speculation here....
Anyone who saw the hot dog eating contest on July 4 - did you see the competitor go on stage with the sign that had something about Hartford (I assume Hartford, CT) on one side and "Hermione dies" on the other? ^_^

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia