Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This has completely made my day
This has completely made my day
At its Anime Expo panel today, Geneon announced the acquisition of three new properties: the Shana OVA, Lyrical Nanoha and Lyrical Nanoha A's, and the children's show Deltora Quest. Geneon will also be releasing a cartoon called Chop Suey Chook.

I am ecstatic! Nanoha! R1! o/[Image: faveosig.jpg]
Re: This has completely made my day
...SCORE!!!

===============================================
"I'm terribly sorry, but I have to kill you quite horribly now."
Now if they would just have it on their website already. Really, no point in their still hiding it, all one has to do is look up the whois info on nanohadvd.com and you know who has it.
But if they don't even have more than the network solutions placeholder page up, then it's probably to early to talk about release dates. ("Tomorrow? No... um, day after tomorrow? The day after they day after tomorrow. Security? That's not a day, wait, where are you taking me. Help, come see the violence inh- eep!" Well maybe I'd better not bother them...)
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.
Quote:
Now if they would just have it on their website already. Really, no point in their still hiding it, all one has to do is look up the whois info on nanohadvd.com and you know who has it.
MOST of the time it works that way. I can't remember the exact series, but there have been times when the company licensed the domain, but hadn't finalized the contract just yet, and they lost it to someone else.
As for the website, Id expect by Tuesday or Wednesday it'll be there. They have to come BACK from AX...
Pity they couldn't have announced this at AB when I was there... in a Chrono Halloun costume >[Image: faveosig.jpg]
Yeehah! I was wondering when they'd announce this. I asked the rep at Anime Boston about them after the panel and he confirmed to me that somebody had them, but couldn't say anything more.
Hopefully, it won't take too long before we start seeing the DVDs come out. I'm also wondering what kind of extras we might get; the R2s didn't have many.------------
Honou Productions
------------
Honou Productions.
I was at Anime Boston.. you probably saw me >[Image: faveosig.jpg]
What's made my day is that Right Stuf has licenced Emma. But I like well-written historical romances...
Other announcements, gleaned from Usenet posts made by people at the con:
Bandai Visual USA:
MS IGLOO: Apocalyplse 0079
Gunbuster vs Diebuster Movie
(Edit: the limited edition will contain action figures of the two leads of each series)
Super Robot Wars Original Generation OAV and TV
Wings of Honneamise on HD-DVD and Blu-ray
(All at ridiculous episode-count and price-point levels, alas; they haven't yet figured out that North American fans haven't tolerated the Japanese release model for over a decade...)
ADV:
5 cm/sec
Gurren-Lagann
Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora
Project Blue Earth SOS
Tokyo Majin

the broadcast rights to Devil May Cry
Right Stuf:
Lost Universe (which they'll be releasing as a box set, with the ADV dub and corrected subtitles - no word on whether they're restoring the original ending animation)

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
More announcements:
FUNimation:
Darker than Black
Jyo-Oh Sei
(2008 release as Planet of the Beast King)
Love Hina re-licence, including all the specials
Negima!? (not to be confused with Negima!)
Bandai Entertainment (that's the Bandai that's figured out what North American fans are willing to pay, not Bandai Visual USA):
the two Silent Mobius films
the original Agent Aika as well as the Aika R-16 OVA
the Gundam Seed Destiny Special/Film

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk

And some more:
Media Blasters:
Strawberry Panic
Genshiken OVA
and Kujibiki
the new Ikki-tosen series
Otome wa Boku ni Koshiteru
Angels Feather
(2 episode OVA)
A Step Up Love Story (Futari Ecchi)
and Golden Boy has been "license rescued"

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk