Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manga "reviewish thing": Kon Kon Kokon
Manga "reviewish thing": Kon Kon Kokon
Kon Kon Kokon is a new arrival on American Shores by Koge Donbo, best know for DiGi Charat and Kamichama Karin. It is a romantic comedy in a similar vein to Aa! Megami-sama!
Ren Hinonishi, ace student and closet Japanese Mythology otaku just wants to be popular and cool in the suburban scholl he transfered to out of the mountains. He is desperately trying to impress the girl he has a crush on, Himeka.
He and his best friend, Himeka's cousin Kazune just got perfect scores on a recent test, when a strange Miko (the eponymous Kokon) bursts into the classroom and declares to Ren, "I've come to repay you!"
Ren later discovers that Kokon is a kyuubi kitsune (hence my interest ^^) that he had encountered unkowingly back home in the mountains. Hijinks and other mythological critters begin to show up. Sadly, Ren is trying to rein in his otakudom to be "cool" for Himeka...
Really cute character designs, as expected of Koge-Donbo.
Published by Broccoli Books link
Catalog number BBKKON01
ISBN-13: 978-1-5974-1065-6
ISBN-10: 1-59741-065-9
US cover Price $9.99
Rated E (Everyone)
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: Manga "reviewish thing": Kon Kon Kokon
Ooh, cute girls (like anyone who knows me would expect a different reaction, heh). And I'm even lucky enough to have multiple 20% off coupons for Borders.
Hopefully in not too long I'll be putting up a review of my own.
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.