Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Geneon sale at RightStuf
Big Geneon sale at RightStuf
This is the kind of deal that I signed up to get their ad e-mails for:
Get 10 Geneon items for $50 or 25 items for $100
While supplies last. Offer good until June 27. No other discounts. No duplicate items. Read all of the fine print before placing your order.
(Obviously, it's inventory-clearing time at Right Stuf.)
The last time they did this, I got all of Lain, Haibane Renmei, Stellvia, Gatekeepers, and Rumiko Takahashi Anthology, cheap. It's a good deal...

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Re: Big Geneon sale at RightStuf
For this order, the following coupons were used:
Geneon Special Offer - 10 Items for $50!
Total savings on items on your order: $274.30

Sweet. ^_^

===============================================
"I'm terribly sorry, but I have to kill you quite horribly now."
This is making me really wish I knew exactly which volumes I already had of Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar... ><
-Morgan, I know I have 2 because it's right *there*, I know I have 1 because I have the box... but did I really buy 3 or did I just think about it? @.@"Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
-Haruhi, "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
---(Not really)
Quote:
This is making me really wish I knew exactly which volumes I already had of Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar... >For this order, the following coupons were used:
Geneon Special Offer - 25 Items for $100!
Total savings on items on your order: $635.50

Less the $100 I'm actually paying makes it $535.50... but now I've got on order Black Heaven, Gatekeepers 21, all of Mahoromatic (including the usually-overpriced special), Starship Operators (including the soundtrack CD), and Sugar (including the Summer Special) for me, and Appleseed for a friend. And I've still got about half of the last event's order still in the shrinkwrap...

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Shall we use this thread to purr over the things we ordered? '.'
I got all of Adventures of the Mini-Goddesses, Bottle Fairy, Hanaukyo Maid Team La Verite, Magical Project S, Niea Under Seven, what I was missing of Sugar, and a few other things to fill in to 25.
I really lucked out on Magical Project S. When I first was looking, it showed sold out for the second volume. But then the site decided to empty my cart for no apparent reason, and while I was adding everything I'd decided on again, I looked at the page for it again and it showed some available.
There's more things I'd like to get too (like, say, finishing my collection of Stellvia), but I can't afford to do another order now, so hopefully they'll still have those things in stock later this month...
-Morgan."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
---(Not really)
Wait, this applies to things that aren't present on the sale page, too?
Hot damn.
Ja, -n

It does?

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
I'm not sure which sale page you're talking about, but everything I got was in the list you get by going to the main page and clicking on "geneon remix"...
---(Not really)
And I'm glad you said that. Because I found a few things I've been looking for for a while.
Total savings: $256.30
Now that's a deal.
Thanks!

-- Bob
---------
While we're talking about sales, I must announce that any persons responsible for Risky Safety going out of print will receive the death penalty.
But, since you're not those people, AnimeNation is selling the entire series for 14.99, and Right Stuf has a similar price, which might interest someone. '.'
---(Not really)
Bwa Ha HA! I picked up all of Ai Yori Aoshi (both seasons), and Stellvia, the two disc's of Vandread I was missing, five of the R.O.D TV series I was missing and the Azumanga Daioh and Shaukugan no Shana soundtracks. Total savings of $623.
Combine those with the Haruhi Box set I ordered a few days ago and I've got a metric crapload of anime coming in.--
La Krueze: I just want everyone in the universe to suffer. Is that so wrong?
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 
Quote:
I've got a metric crapload of anime coming in.
And because of conversion factors, that's a whole lot bigger than an Imperial crapload.

-- Bob
---------
Can I afford to do this again this month? Not really.
But I'd never forgive myself if I didn't.
For this order, the following coupons were used:
Geneon Special Offer - 25 Items for $100!
Total savings on items on your order: $554.50

...you gotta wonder how they're affording this.
Ja, -n

Generally speaking such sales are the result of having too much stuff sitting in a warehouse. Selling it off at cost (or even a small loss) is better than both a) not selling it at all and b) not having room in your warehouse for new merchandise which is selling.
-----------------
Epsilon
Because what most people don't realize, is that it costs money to leave something sitting on a warehouse shelf, even if you own the warehouse. It's taxable capital or something -- I forget the details, and in what jurisdiction the taxes apply, but sitting inventory makes taxmen drool and rub their hands together. In any case, the longer it sits there, the smaller your profit margin on it grows, and if it sits there long enough you want it to go away at any cost before you end up paying for the privilege of not having sold it to anyone.

-- Bob
---------
I split the 25 volume deal with my boss at my FLGS and I got the 7 volumes of RoD TV and the last 5 discs of Texnolyze I needed
Amusingly in CoX tonight, I mentioned this without realizing this post was even here... thats what I get for not checking any forum but Legendary... >[Image: faveosig.jpg]
So, folks, what do you think of the loot you netted from this? Being me, I'm desperately behind on actually absorbing all this neet stuf, but so far:
I actually haven't watched the copies of Last Exile I picked up, but I've seen the series before in fansub, so. It's been a while, but the worldbuilding and the character development and the pretty and oh, god, yes, the pretty... watch this. It rocks.
Tsukihime is a lot creepier than Fate Stay Night, and even less likely to blow stuff up. Neither of these is really an advantage with me, but I'll give it 'till the rest of the disc before I really decide.
Ai Yori Aoshi is a bit different from its manga, but not worse or better. Less with the examination of the characters heads, but sweeter.
Yuki Kajiura's Fiction kicks ass six ways from Sunday. So pretty...
Ja, -n

Quote:
So, folks, what do you think of the loot you netted from this?
I'm still waiting on my order from this time around.
But I did this the last time they had a sale this big, so I'll review the titles I picked up then...
Stellvia: You have to ask? Just look at who wrote the Anime Primer entry for the show, or my contribution to Fenspace. (Which reminds me - it's been over two weeks since I last watched the anime... but I've read the manga in that time, so I'm coping. )
Gatekeepers: I wouldn't have bought it at full price, but it's a pleasant way to waste a few afternoons. (Although I'd rewatch Stellvia first.)
Rumiko Takahashi Anthology: I watched the first episode a few months ago, and still can't work up the enthusiasm to watch the rest of the series. I suspect it gets better, but there are other things to do first. (Like re-watch Stellvia... )
Lain: I'm halfway through, and keep forgetting to unwrap the next disc. (No, not because of Stellvia - I want to watch the new shows I pick up, too. You know, like that Haruhi thing...)
Haibane Renmei: Still in the shrinkwrap.

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk

We got the entire series of Daphne in the Brilliant Blue, which we started watching a couple years back in fansubs, but had to stop when it got licensed. We also got the DVD of "Mihoshi's Fairy Tale" for Tenchi. We've had the big boxed DVD set of the Tenchi Muyo OVAs for a couple years now, but as folks might know, it's missing that ep, which isn't really considered part of the story. And we picked up the live action films Onmyoji and Onmyoji 2, which we both really liked when we rented them on their release.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Stellvia: You have to ask? Just look at who wrote the Anime Primer entry for the show, or my contribution to Fenspace. (Which reminds me - it's been over two weeks since I last watched the anime... but I've read the manga in that time, so I'm coping. )
Well, I've made two orders and decided that at these low-low prices I couldn't pass up grabbing the whole series in one swoop. Heck, at these prices if I watch it once and decide I don't like it I can almost certainly sell it for at a minimum a break even price.
But after checking the Anime Primer entry and the THEM Anime reviews I have the feeling I'll like it.
Heck, the two orders have a combined savings of $741.80. This is a very good thing. I'm trying to save up money. I may well have burned this paycheck's discretionary funds on the two orders but I'll be a while watching these. All of Gate Keepers (I never caught all of it on TV or at cons, and while I liked what I saw I never quite pushed it to the front of the purchase list it full price), Stellvia, and Adventures of the Mini Goddesses. A few discs I was missing from some other shows and a few CDs filled out the rest.
Combined with a few other discs I already have on my to-watch pile and I'll be busy for a while. I just love these deep discount sales.
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.
Quote:
Was such a good show, I had to deliberate hard on getting this one or not. In the end, I still went with RoD[Image: faveosig.jpg]