Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Must-See Product Demo
Must-See Product Demo
Drop everying, and view this video. It is a film of a live demo of an absolutely incredible... well, you just have to see it to understand it. And when you see it, you will want it. Trust me. Fortunately, it's out there on the web already.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Re: Must-See Product Demo
One of the on-site commentators had a definite point about the possibility for using metadata to track people through their lives, but to me the principle doesn't seem much different from entering your address and personal information into a subscription website - ie, I think that there's already a precedent for determining legally the purposes for which information gathered electronically can be used. Likewise, it's highly unlikely, in my mind, that the parts of a given person's metadata that they would care about are going to be the same ones that anyone given unhindered access is going to be interested in.
Will there be abuses? Scams, harassment, theft, etc.? Of course. But just the same as that's an incontrovertible of human nature, it's also true that people throughout history have been honest more often than not. Same shit, different day.
Ja, -n

===============================================
"I'm terribly sorry, but I have to kill you quite horribly now."
intriguing.
I'd, for instance, be able to stuff my roomate's photography from the Three Barons Renaissance Faire, and have a flyable virtual space of the faire..
very coolWire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Wow. I must say again wow.... I'm very interested in seeing where this goes Smile_______________________________
We're definitely playing this game wrong. I thought Vampire was supposed to be a game of personal horror, not about ninja magic-carpet airstrikes at night.
- A friend after playing a session of Dark Ages Vampire.
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. THERE IS ONLY WAR!
-Same friend.