Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wonder if this is real?
I wonder if this is real?
What with the Global warming daylight saving sarcasm letter and my false poodle/sheep rumour, I guess I should be a little more hesitant about some of the more outlandish stories I come across.
Can you even trust any news source?
This paticular story is about Sony killing a goat and using it's still warm body to promote a video game.
I don't know if it's actually true, but given Sony's track record lately this wouldn't surprise me if it was.
--------------
www.foxnews.com/story/0,2...87,00.html
--------------
howard melton
Re: I wonder if this is real?
Considering that the Daily Mail article cites a Sony press release, and says they contacted Sony about it, I'd guess that it's real.
Mind you, I prefer The Inquirer's take on the subject:
Sony finally goes mad

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
the poor old Reg also got bit on the poodle-sheep, I'm afraid 8 (
Chasing the link-trail from El Reg on this one, however, reveals pictures..
Sony has lost their collective freaking mind. Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Quote:
Sickening images of the party have appeared in the companys official PlayStation magazine but after being contacted by The Mail on Sunday, Sony issued an apology for the gruesome stunt and promised to recall the entire print run.
Wonder if copies will become collectors items now...
It's interesting how of the other three games mentioned in the Daily Mail article, only one was actually developed by SCE*... Manhunt and the GTA games are from Rockstar Games. '.'
-Morgan."This continuity is now a Princess of Darkness crossover."
"... They're all going to die, aren't they?"
"Yep. Popcorn?"
Yes, it is. Sony has announced they're going to do an internal invesitgation about it.
I can tell you the probable results:
"We're batshit fucking crazy."--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
Further reports would indicate that, although the publicity stunt was of questionable taste, it was blown all out of proportion:
kotaku.com/gaming/meat-soup/goatgate-sonys-side-of-the-story-256325.php
NN
I would hazard to say no, simply because as all watchers of The Critic know, all corporate executives worship Pan the Goat God!
And that would just be sending mixed messages Big Grin---------------
-Jon
Leo (July 23-Aug. 22)
The population density of Wyoming is very low, but that doesn't mean the people there aren't also out to kill you.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"