Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Negima: Hour 200

(Why would you want Chisame to be Paru? ... What? ... Oh. Yes, if only Paru was at least a decade older, and real. For that matter, if only Nodoka and Setsuna were also at least a decade older, and real... (Yes, now is when you tell me that I have no life, and need to get out more.) )
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
This won't end well.
...Unless she completely side-tracks the conversation, of course. Smile
And the resulting ecchiness was inevitable...
Memetic Sex God status, reaffirmed! O.O;
--Sam
"Egad!  Too much anatomy!"

Rather than my usual bullet points...

For cripes' sake, Negi! If you have a better idea, SAY SO BEFORE SHE FIRES.

Geeze. I realize you're stressed, but telling Mana you have a better plan when she's clearly said this is her *last* option because there's *no other ones* will save a lot of time, effort, and stopping bullets with your chest.

I realize Maya's a bit more ruthless than you prefer, but is it that hard to display something like a sense of self-preservation? :lol:
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

...Well. I should have thought of that option. It's perfectly obvious in retrospect. I am curious about the side effects, both immediate and long-term, though.

And I should note that I think it's time we start a new Negima thread, probably with the next chapter. Let discussion of the current one play out here, then switch.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Is there such a thing as an unwilling partner? Because that would be the equivalent of enslavement.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

How so? The pactio doesn't force anyone to do anything - in fact, it provides both participants with additional abilities.
--
Rob Kelk

I was hoping to stretch this thread out to 299... ^.^;
--Sam
"Well let's go beat up that hedge then."

Evil Midnight Lurker Wrote:I was hoping to stretch this thread out to 299... ^.^;
--Sam
"Well let's go beat up that hedge then."
I was....just about to say that. :lol:
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Quote:robkelk wrote:

How so? The pactio doesn't force anyone to do anything - in fact, it provides both participants with additional abilities.
The pactio can be used coercively in at least one way -- the ministra can be brought to the magi's presence as long as they're within communication range of each other, regardless of his or her wishes, as demonstrated by the time that Negi yanked Asuna out of the shower. Theoretically, this could be used in a fairly abusive manner ... and it's not at all clear whether it works both ways.

Ah, right - I had forgotten about that scene.

Never mind...
--
Rob Kelk

Only ministra can cancel pactio too.

PS. Also why the hell everyone and they mother in the internet think that this solved ANYTHING but identification issue?

Because that would be a neat and easy solution -- you know, the kind that Akamatsu doesn't give anyone in this story.
-- Bob
---------

Considering how Honya operates, in order to prevent an easy solution her having Become The Mask may lead to severely jumbled memories.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

It already did, as I recall -- she was having problems distinguishing herself from Asuna several chapters back. It was only with an act of will she could be her real self.
-- Bob
---------

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Because that would be a neat and easy solution -- you know, the kind that Akamatsu doesn't give anyone in this story.
He actually do. Only it would be stupid and illogical one - and Akamatsu don't do that in story segments and tend to don't use that even in humor ones.
Has anyone noticed Negi's face?
It's becoming more angular. Instead of a 10 year old, he's now looking like a 12-13 year old. Wanna bet he's gonna end looking like 14-15 when this is all over?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Well, firstly, he's at the age where rapid changes would be somewhat expected anyway.

And second, he's been spending an unknown but considerable amount of time in those bottle things.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

That's true; I wouldn't be surprised if he's physically (and emotionally) 12 already -- besides, it's been almost a year since he first showed up at Mahora, hasn't it?
-- Bob
---------

Yeah. Almost all the girls are (supposedly) 15 now.
---
waste."

Bob Schroeck Wrote:That's true; I wouldn't be surprised if he's physically (and emotionally) 12 already -- besides, it's been almost a year since he first showed up at Mahora, hasn't it?
He was 10 when he showed up and you got the fall semester left after the summer..about halfway there. The one thing I haven't seen yet in him is the sense of world weariness..that whatever price he paid to accomplish his goals was probably too high. He still holds true to his dreams and ideals. I have noticed that Tatsumiya already has the cynical and weary attitude of a veteran soldier
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell