Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Negima: Hour 200

Nuclear Fist Detected!
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

And Nodoka shows once again that her pretty little head holds a top-grade brain...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote: Evil Midnight Lurker wrote:

Big Damn Hero time! ...I'd almost forgotten that Deathglasses-sensei was in Mundus Magicus...

Of course, that raises the question of where the other Living Lethal Weapon with whom he was last seen might be at the moment.

Chris Davies.

The nearby Grassy Knoll, of course.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Quote: robkelk wrote:

And Nodoka shows once again that her pretty little head holds a top-grade brain...

What is more important is that it shows another time that FUCKING FIGHTING PROWESS IS FUCKING DO NOT MATTER SOMETIMES. And non-fighting ministra magi are not
defective in any way in comparison with they fighting counterparts. And "that one skill that is 99% of time unneeded" is irreplaceable when it
actually useful. GO CHISAME! And all that talk about "not useful" ministra is thrown out of window. BWUHAHAHAHA!

238 from Aquastar...

...and last. Sad

--Sam

"I dreamed I stopped existing for eight months!"
The Great Escape...! No, wait, the GRAND
Escape. "Great Escape" is already a manga. Although seeing the 3-A girls act that one out... o.O;

Haruna: "JUST AS PLANNED."

Taking Konoka hostage? Heh. No.

...And yes, Setsuna has a new artifact. We need to know more about the Pactio system...

CTHULHU FROM NOWHERE! Well this ain't good...

--Sam

"Is this a warm moment or should we be disturbed?"
Yue senses the approach of
Great Cthulhu!

It's a horde of shadow monsters... invulnerable shadow monsters. Doubleplusungood.

Oh crap. Fate is pulling the same trick that Wilhelm did way back when, isn't he? He's insulated his army by
tapping Asuna's null-field!

...Except... Yue's zap worked? Then maybe this is a Mundus Magicus reality-hack?

This scan has way too much Engrish, but even through that, we can tell that Yue is on top of this.

And it's the return of the return of the ninja nun squad! Whose magic also works. Looking more like the reality
hack option.

Asuna to the fray! ...Oops. Fake!Asuna just can't cut the mustard.

...gun? "Classmate?"

Oooooh my. Shadow demon guy should not have messed with DISGUISED MANA.

And the next chapter is... JANUARY 20?! Lurker SMASH! >.

Huh. I'm not sure if it's just because she was midway through shifting out of her disguise and the horns are still there or if that's actually
Mana's natural form. The Pactio card image notably shows whatever they look like at the time, as shown with Setsuna's cards that show her with black
hair which is canonically dyed.

Either way, it's a horrible tease.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Chapter 276

As someone once said, "God, I've missed this."

Chris Davies

There is something very weird going on here...
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Mana and her guns are -multidimensional-?!

Horns apparently were just part of the disguise.

Asuna: Miko 1, we can -not- authorize a retreat!

Mana: I figured you'd say that. This is gonna cost you extra.

Nodoka found a plot point but the entire -building- seems dedicated to preventing us from finding out.

Last second save, by the treasure hunters!

And with his romantic tension solved, Retirony catches up with Craig. Fate was -toying- with Rakan if the Code can do -that-.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Okay, someone needs to do Mana in COX when dual pistols goes active. Oh, and comparing her to Vash the Stampede was cute. Mana the Stampede. I like.

Hm. From my quotefile:
Quote:"You know what I just realized? You can make anyone's name automatically cooler by adding the words 'the Stampede' on the end of it."

"Beth the Stampede?"

"Hell yes!"

"Poodle-Hunter the Stampede?"

"Shut up."
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

And to Rushuna from Grenadier.

I don't think Rushuna ever even approached the sniper rifle trick.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Chapter 277
Goddammit, Akamatsu ...
Chris Davies.

Fuuuuuuuuuurkkkkk
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Things start falling apart. Literally. 0_0
---
waste."

... HOLY CRAP.

...buh.  geh.
This is SERIOUS GRAVENESS right here. o.O;
--Sam
"Oedipus is hurt and last night I almost had a lucid moment."

The translator/editor/whatever's little note on one of the last pages is very curious -- the idea that the magical world might be nothing but an illusion is... disturbing.
-- Bob
---------

Especially considering that Asuna and both of Negi's parents are from the magical world.

As for the story... No! Not the Class Rep!
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I was thinking a bit more about this over the past few minutes. We shouldn't be too surprised at the idea -- we already knew that the magical world was an artificial construct, remember? We just sort of assumed that the inhabitants were "real people", despite the fact that 99% of the races and creatures we've seen clearly don't exist on earth. Given that there are some earlier shoutouts and references to The Matrix earlier in the story, I'm beginning to wonder if, along with everything else, Akamatsu is giving us a deconstruction of the modern Harry Potter style of urban fantasy, in which a magical world secretly exists alongside an ignorant mundane world, which by rights shouldn't be able to miss it given all the freaking huge magical creatures and constructions it has. And that the great disaster Chao mentioned was the shutdown of the Magetrix, leaving her with just "ordinary" Mars to live on in the far future.
-- Bob
---------

robkelk Wrote:Especially considering that Asuna and both of Negi's parents are from the magical world.
Asuna is indeed native to Mundus Magicus, as well as Princess Arika, but Nagi's stated several times that he comes from the "old world" with references to the atomic bomb and such. Otherwise, Negi himself would be vulnerable to the Code.
As to Chao's disaster, it's interesting that the collapse of the planet was already happening. Kurt and Fate have both commented on it. Fate's goal is to "save the world", but with the Code of the Lifemaker, whether he saves the people or not isn't a real big deal. He can presumably always make more to replace them.
That said, I have to wonder if Asuna's magic cancel is dangerous enough to Fate due to her blocking the Code and that's why he bothered to kidnap her early on.
---
waste."

278 is up at OneManga.

Oh, man. Oh, fuuuuuck.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.