Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Negima: Hour 200

Goddamn it, Akamatsu, you ****ing plot tease! Show us the ****ing book already! XD
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

ring ring ring ring *click*
Hello.  You have reached the offices of the Evil Midnight Lurker what Lurks at Midnight. The Lurker cannot come to the phone right now, but if you leave your name and number at the sound of the beep he will get back to you once he has finished screaming.
That may take a while.
*beep*
--Sam
"Blood covers The City like a big red afghan."

Gah.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Okay, here's the speculation.....as I see so far.
Either the Magic is dying out in the magic world...
Or the amount of magic in the magic world cannot sustain the growth of the numbers of magical beings. So either way ,what you have is a Malthusian nightmare scenario. A total collapse and destruction of a civilization is starting.
Kurt Goddell plans to pull a Gundam Seed scenario...wipe out the Coordinators (non-humans) with him being the head of Blue Cosmos.
Fate OTOH plans to go much further...wipe out everybody (and everything?) and remake the world...but in whose image?
Sounds about right?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

A thought just occurred to me. The Code wipes out magic, and magically based beings, right? Negi is from the old world, so he should be safe from that effect, but... he's artificially aged with those magic aging pills. Do we know how Fate's nullifying powers might interact with that?
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

I do believe this may be the turning of the tide.
And another frickin' break to "collect data" ...

...I have a horrible, horrible feeling about the true name of that cloaked mage.  As if she didn't have enough weight on her shoulders already...
At least they're acknowledging that the folks they're vaporizing have souls, even if their bodies aren't "real" to some standard of the word.
...If your enemy has the Code of the Lifemaker, then maybe what you need to counter it is the Immortality Option. Smile
--Sam
"Let's fight until one of us is a drooling cripple the rest of his life.  It's more fun that way!"

While acknowledging the gravity of the situation...

I find myself mostly concerned with reaffirming that yes, Nodoka is awesome, and 'Audacity' truly is her virtue.

...and then my stupid brain sidetracks horribly by speculating on the tanuki-like magnitude of the figurative courage of the speculative offspring of her and Rokuro Okajima. What the hell, Brane?
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

I'm having crazier thoughts about pairing her with Miles Vorkosigan. Universe, get out of their way.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

What a marvelous evolution from the timid, male-phobic bookworm!
-- Bob
---------

ECSNorway wrote:

Quote:
I'm having crazier thoughts about pairing her with Miles Vorkosigan. Universe, get out of their way.
Ekaterin could take her.
That is all.
Chris Davies.

That's hardly fair. Ekaterin could take anybody.

As for Nodoka, I've been a fan ever since she was a timid, male-phobic bookworm. I'm happy to see her develop into a strong, self-assured young woman... and I wish more female characters in manga would follow suit.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Wait. Waitwaitwaitwait.

Did Mr. Shadow Dragon just reveal an important plot point?

If this destruction doesn't annihilate the souls of the Martians, but instead keeps them around, the whole point of Fate's agenda and by extension, the Lifemaker's, may be partially revealed.

For whatever reason, the Lifemaker makes Mundus Magicus. It is a massive work and brilliant, but flawed. The Lifemaker has detected a flaw in his work that will undo it all and kill those in its way. The collapse is irreparable(or so he thinks) and so the Lifemaker begins his plan to rewrite the world to save it from destruction. Cosmo Entelechia and the first of the Averncus are means to disrupt the major powers. In giving them free will, the Lifemaker's creations have become strong enough to oppose him, and the truth would drive them Mad From The Revelation. His work must be secret and safe from interference once it becomes too powerful to remain secret. If all the world were to unite, even the Code of the Lifemaker would be insufficient.

Enter a spoiler element. This Mage from the Old World and his Ala Rubra are throwing the plan into chaos. Avernucus will turn nations against him but it does not work. Finally, on the eve of his triumph, the Lifemaker is confronted and defeated by this X-factor outside his control!

Fast forward to the present, and the damage done to the dimensional barriers by first the flaw and then the Lifemaker's mad attempt to correct it. Mundus Magicus is dying and no amount of effort can save everyone....save one. The Code of the Lifemaker, sealed beneath the deepest, most powerful magics, can liberate and store the souls of all long enough to finish the death and rebirth of Mundus Magicus into a new, perfect world. And Tertium, third of the Avernucus, will see it done....even as he wonders at those who accomplish the impossible and surpass it, contrary to the Lifemaker's opinions that make the groundwork of his existence. All he needs to unseal the final piece is the most powerful anti-magic Mundus Magicus has ever known...
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

robkelk Wrote:That's hardly fair. Ekaterin could take anybody.

As for Nodoka, I've been a fan ever since she was a timid, male-phobic bookworm. I'm happy to see her develop into a strong, self-assured young woman... and I wish more female characters in manga would follow suit.
I keep hearing Chris Connells "You Know My Name" from seeing the last picture of Nodoka pointing her finger.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

"I've seen angels fall from blinding heights but you yourself are nothing so divine - just next in line."
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

OpMegs Wrote:Wait. Waitwaitwaitwait.

Did Mr. Shadow Dragon just reveal an important plot point?
Sorry, Op, but he's not talking about "storing" them.  He's talking sending them to Heaven.
--Sam
"I'm here because... a big clown hit me!"

Incidentally, the James P. Hogan reference can pretty much be confirmed, because someone at TV Tropes noted that Nodoka's adventuring-party buddies are all named after major characters in Inherit the Stars. Smile
--Sam
"...Charlie died over fifty thousand years ago!"

Chapter 280
God that was fast.

- Dragon-san's name is Dynamis. Interesting.
- Never leave your best weapon where anyone can grab it, let alone the treasure hunter and genius.
- Nodoka may not have gotten the chance to off Dynamis, but she got some serious intel.
- Ha, destroy the book and ten more will rise to take its place. Nodoka likely already memorized what was in it.
- "Activate the contract for ten seconds.." We haven't seen this form of boosting the Ministra directly in a while. It fits Konoka and Setsuna well, though.
- And Cosmo Entelechia is some name for this "Garden of Souls" that the erasure sends its victims to. Which apparently is different from killing someone, as Dynamis is forbidden to take human life.
- And Nodoka knows how to reverse it, if someone can get her the Master Hax Key again. Quest log updated: Obtain Code Of The Lifemaker!
---
waste."

Quote:- And Nodoka knows how to reverse it, if someone can get her the Master Hax Key again.
Nodoka thinks she knows how to reverse it. Which, knowing Nodoka, is probably correct but not guaranteed.
Quote:Quest log updated: Obtain Code Of The Lifemaker!
Or the Geass of the Lifemaker... or is that a Crossover That Should Not Be?
--
Rob Kelk

And shall we not all hail Nodoka, who has clearly taken more than just one level in badass?
-- Bob
---------

Nodoka took all the levels in badass.

Excepting the ones that Kaede, Setsuna, and Negi are using. And I wouldn't be surprised if they only have those levels because Nodoka's letting them keep them.

Always remember: If you can see Nodoka, she can see you. And if you can't see Nodoka, you may be only seconds away from death.
--
Rob Kelk

Interesting bit I realized after a re-read:

Dynamis mentions that he will oppose them as much as they could want "as I did 20 years ago".

This means that the dark mage we see in Rakan's flashbacks actually is Dynamis. This gives us two interesting bits of trivia:

- One, Nodoka just faced off near successfully with a mage of Albiero Irma's caliber.
- Two, Dynamis has been at this job longer than even Fate has....so what's his angle?
---
waste."

It also means that he's not Asuna under that hood, which is a load off my mind.
--Sam
"This is graveness."

Or he is, and he's incarnated as a spirit possessing her.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.