Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Negima: Hour 200

I really should have been reading the Wild Mass Guessing page for Negima.

Check this thing out. Mundus Magicus
is THE PLANET MARS, as shown here.
Akamatsu just using it as a convenient inspiration for the geography, or are the magi maintaining a planetwide illusion?

--Sam

"We have found nowhere! Scientists and the media should be notified!"

Hmm. You know...

Chao DID say that she was from Mars... didn't she?
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Yeah, the WMG page brings that up...

--Sam

"Absolute power is a sticky wicket."

THE WMG page proposes that this is connected to why she was willing to travel back in time and change history. However, she did say that there wasn't some
great tragedy that motivated her, just the usual nastiness.

Incidentally, if she really thought that public acknoledgement of magic would help solve the world's problems, she was remarkably stupid. Publicly known
mages would not be free to help solve the world's problems (a.k.a. interfere in countries internal matters).

I'm more on board with the theory that she was really trying to prep Negi for something big, and the reveal was more of a last-ditch backup plan...

--Sam

"Elf finger magic. I hate that."

I more wondering what is going to happen with all the set up from Chao's interactions with the not in the magical world group. The Mad Scientist one got enough data/experience to cause the major event at the school
festival and the cook girl got gifted with the resources that infrastructure that Chao built up to pull that off. That is a very large amount of resources
that are basically floaing around unchecked and Eva did do much plotting with Chao in the background... I think her letting /sending Chachamaru go on this
particular quest is because of foreknowledge. As far as we know Chachamaru isn't in the story without out Chao's inteference with things at all... add
in Chachamaru being pretty much situationally required for one of Neji's minions to function as anything, but bait... and Chachamaru's upgrades that
let her ingest certain magic candy that shouldn't work on robots at all. When her precious model couldn't actully eat. Am I the only one who noticed
this or is this new to people?

One of the things I like best about this manga is that the author made a class of 30 people and they all get developement.

Also, just because your not trying to prevent a specific tragedy, doesn't mean your not going for preventing a global order.
212's up
At the usual place.

No Negi, just magical girls stripping each other... Oh, and something is returned. (Yay!)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Yue Ayase: TACTICS GODDESS.

And Asuna... remembers?

--Sam

"Oh, there's crime here. I can smell it."

Never fails. The new issue always comes out right after I check and see no change.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
REUNION.

And... Jack has been talking, it seems. The Truth seems imminent, for once.

--Sam

"Destiny is a funny thing. Once I thought I was destined to become Emperor of Greenland, sole monarch over its 52,000 inhabitants. Then I thought I was
destined to build a Polynesian longship in my garage. I was wrong then, but I've got it now. I'm the destined protector of this place. I'm this
city's superhero."
Negima! Chapters 215-217 are out...
at http://www.aquastar-anime.net/]Aquastar. Yes, three chapters at once. No, I haven't read them yet.
-- Bob
---------

Negi thinks it's a good idea to lie to Asuna.

Ako is in love with "Nagi".

Dumbass has relalised that "Nagi" has a large bounty on his head.

Nodoka is in trouble.

Pai and Chamo have appeared out of nowhere. Pai has managed to buy an airship.

Fate claims he's here to save the world.

No revelations to mysteries have been forthcoming.

Let's be fair: Jack thinks it's a good idea to lie. Negi has his doubts. Especially since sword-baka won't just come out and tell the
truth. (Assuming he paid enough attention at the time to remember it.)

By "Pai" you mean "Pal," right? If Parvati III were to show up... yikes... ^.^ (Sanjiyan vs. Pureblood... FIGHT!)

I think everyone's accounted for now, to us if not to Negi.

Imminent bandit asswhooping and dungeon crawl... the White Wings are kickin' it oldschool...

--Sam

"I seek... PEZ!"
218's Up
"Boobs, Touch and Go!!" is available at http://www.aquastar-anime.net/]the usual place...

(And http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/]Live-evil's got Daughter of Twenty Faces #11 and You're Under Arrest: Full Throttle #16! This is a good day! Mind you, I have to leave now to be guest of honour at a birthday party, so I won't get to download any of these until tomorrow... but I know they're out there waiting for me.)
--
Rob Kelk

Again! Again, right after I look they post a new chapter! Argh.

Downloading now...
-- Bob
---------

All's still quiet on the Aquastar front, but I found another bunch who're up through 222.

And... oh god... no wonder they wiped Asuna-chan's memory... no wonder she let them... with a weight like that on her shoulders... [Image: frown.gif]

On the map of Mundus Magicus, north is down and south is up. And why would you do that... unless it was to obscure certain geographical resemblances? Also,
the demihuman types are the native population rather than human hybrids.

DO NOT ANGER THE MAMA PAPA BEAR.

--Sam

"I'm going to throw a chimney at them."

"Plushie-obachan".
-- Bob
---------

Aquastar's got 219 up, with "Apologies for the delays."

And in related news, somebody calling themselves "Ala-Alba" has fansubbed the first of the http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/1285.html]Mahou Sensei Negima! ~Shiroki Tsubasa Ala Alba~ OAVs...
--
Rob Kelk

And for once I usurp Bob's position as "guy who must have last checked the page only moments before they posted." [Image: smile.gif]

--Sam

"Sidekicks don't kiss!"

Quote: robkelk wrote:

And in related news, somebody calling themselves "Ala-Alba" has fansubbed the first of the Mahou Sensei Negima! ~Shiroki Tsubasa Ala Alba~ OAVs...
Wow. That was actually... CANONICAL. And not half bad either, even if the first part was little more than a clip show. Damn shame their plan
seems to be to adapt only the summer vacation and rigorously avoid anything smacking of shonen action.

And for once Asuna's heterochromia isn't painted so loudly that it hurts to look at her face. o.O

--Sam

"Egad! Too much anatomy!"

Sounds like something to download when I get home tonight...
-- Bob
---------
...the Noizy version at Onemanga.com, anyway.
(I'll still save the Aquastar version, but it's nice to have one that's right up to date.)

Yeah, I was wondering what would happen to that table... o.o;

And now it begins... HAREM! VERSUS!! HAREM!!!

--Sam

"You don't eat crackers in the bed of your destiny, no sir!"
AQS 220's up
"The AQS Brigade continues in their resolve to bring you Negima, no matter how late it is. This time, our dazzling heroes show us a whole lot of text
bubbles! Please enjoy."
--
Rob Kelk

And 224
...at Onemanga.

That's a heckuva fiddle she's got there.

--Sam

"I don't speak your crazy moon language!"
at Onemanga again.

The answer is given. (Yay Asuna!) The real war begins, here and now.

...I really don't think Fate's just the Dragon here. His dialogue gives every hint that he is either the Big
Bad or, at worst, one of a number of equals.

--Sam

"Eating kittens is just plain -- plain WRONG! And no one should do it EVER!"