Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
So, as most of you may or may not know the trailer for the new Indy flick is up.

Thoughts?
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"

From the Trailer... a fight in "Warehouse 23." Awesome.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Wow. Ford is really getting old. That aside it looks good to me.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Anyone else spot the box/thing marked "Roswell New Mexico 1947" along about 75%-80% of the way through?

And that raises the question: what year is this supposed to be? For consistency with Ford's age, it should be the 1960s or thereabouts, but it doesn't
look quite that far ahead...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

1953, IIRC. Ford was a little old for Indy back in "Raiders of the Lost Ark."

So let's see, the Korean Conflict isn't underway yet, and it's EARLY Cold War, while the two sides are still licking their wounds from WWII.

Might be interesting in a few years to see a middle-aged Shia LeBouf doing an "Indiana Jones, Junior and the Tower of Babel," set during the Second
Gulf War....

Naaah. [Image: wink.gif]
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat

-- James Nicoll

Quote: Foxboy wrote:

1953, IIRC. Ford was a little old for Indy back in "Raiders of the Lost Ark."

So let's see, the Korean Conflict isn't underway yet, and it's EARLY Cold War, while the two sides are still licking their wounds from WWII.

Might be interesting in a few years to see a middle-aged Shia LeBouf doing an "Indiana Jones, Junior and the Tower of Babel," set during the Second
Gulf War....

Naaah. [Image: wink.gif]

Uhm, re-check your history books, Fox.

Korean war ended in 1953. July 27th, to be precise.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

*Shrug* My History Teacher was obsessed with 'Nam, what can I say?

-- James Nicoll

Well, if it were to be consistent with Ford's age Indi would be fighting Commies and not Nazis. Where's the fun in that?
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Um, Ankh? He IS fighting Commies in Crystal Skull.

-- James Nicoll
Submitted without further comment
[Image: CommieNazis.jpg]
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"