Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Tech] New Machine Listings
[Tech] New Machine Listings
Presented below are links to saved NewEgg carts for new machines! The first link is for an 'evil' 666$ upgrade that will use your existing case, 1hdd,
and 1optical drive (or more if you have SATA drives) to create a VERY capable CoH machine, with great future upgrade possibilities!

Wiregeek's Evil CoH Upgrade

The second is a logical expansion of the first, adding case, hard drive, and optical drive to be a sub-1000$ (before shipping) full system, with everything
except mouse, keyboard, and monitor.

Wiregeek's Evil CoH Full Machine

I've built very similar machines to both of these, and have been very pleased with their performance under Linux and Windows. My Personal workstation is
nearly identical to this setup - I just have a few more drives and a GeForce 8800GTS instead of the GT..

Submitted for your edification and reading pleasure. I do not have any business relationship with Newegg and do not get anything if you buy through them or
click those links.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979

hrmm, mine's basically:
ASUS Striker LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard see current equiv
2x ASUS EN8600GTS GeForce 8600GTS (used to be 1 plus one of these)
Lian-Li PC-60B PLUS I modded to Plus II level & non-stock fans
OCZ OCZ2N800SR2GK
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Thermaltake W0131 850W Power Supply

All of that with Western Digital Sata drives, in the 16Meg cache range. I think I've shelled out in the ballpark of 2 to 3 grand, not in one hit mind you, but over time it adds up. If over that side of the lake a system built from those parts end up costing less, remember exchange rates & the random number small-market surcharge and go from there.