Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Look At Watchmen Costumes
First Look At Watchmen Costumes
Here. Some -- Comedian, Rorschach -- look very good. Others, well, acceptable. The guy they cast as Ozymandias, though, just does not do it for me at all, at least in his photo.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

To be fair though... rorschach is the easiest of the bunch to costume [Image: happy.gif]

They all do look good enough. I'm going to guess that Ozymandias doesn't quite get any better than what they've got there, so he'll do well
enough.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Quote: Bob Schroeck wrote:

Here. Some -- Comedian, Rorschach -- look very good. Others,
well, acceptable. The guy they cast as Ozymandias, though, just does not do it for me at all, at least in his photo.

Adrian Veidt isn't supposed to be threatening. Remember that Rorshach considers him soft and "possibly homosexual." I think it works.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

It's not that -- it's that he doesn't have the same kind of aristocratic look that the character did in the illustrations. He looks like J. Average
Prettyboy in armor.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Quote: Bob Schroeck wrote:

It's not that -- it's that he doesn't have the same kind of aristocratic look that the character did in the illustrations. He looks like J.
Average Prettyboy in armor.

I think that's more a factor of the casting then the costume.

-----------------

Epsilon

His costume needs more gold accents. Which is to say, some gold accents.

--Sam

"I did it thirty-five minutes ago."
Re: First Look At Watchmen Costumes
I think they need to be a bit more old-fashioned and, frankly, dorkier. Remember, we are not dealing with well balanced people here. Rorschach is good, but
remember most of them hung up their costumes years ago. The ultra modern look is unsuitable.

Also, the story is about people trying to be "superheroes" in a "realistic" world. Managing to look badass would be a minor miracle. They
don't have supermaterials and have to worry about things like freedom of movement and evaporation of sweat.

Eh. Nite Owl looks like a middle-aged guy trying to look badass due to a costume, which is fine. There's nothing really realistic in a world where he and
Silk Spectre can take out a gang of street thugs, nor where he has his own personal silent gadget-infested-flying-mechanical-owl-thing. The movie isn't
going to make him look completely like a loser in costume, it'd be bad for business and also not contribute to certain scenes.

Quote: Eh. Nite Owl looks like a middle-aged guy trying to look badass due to a costume, which is fine.

Heh. But that's perfect! Because that is EXACTLY what he is and how he was portrayed in the original!

ACtually, I couldn't tell that the Comedian was a photo at first...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll