Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Yoko Kanno CD
New Yoko Kanno CD
I understand perfectly that some companies would want a big-name composer such as Yoko Kanno to write music for their commercial spots.

I understand perfectly that a big-name composer such as Yoko Kanno would be happy to take money to write music for commercial spots.

I understand that she would do so ofen enough to fill a CD with said spots.

I barely understand that being able to fill a CD might mean filling a CD.

But why do they expect http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=GTCA-12]a CD filled with Yoko Kanno's commercial spots to sell?

Maybe I just don't understand the Japanese...

--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

The fact that there's a disc of Yoko Kanno's commercial spots doesn't surprise me, because music companies will press a *lot* of stuff to CD just
to ensure it's "published" for rights purposes. Which makes tracking down a copy of the disc something of a sport if you're willing to pay
$50+ for a CD of unreleased tracks from Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea or whatever.

It's not a Japanese thing, it's an obsessive-compulsive music collector thing. [Image: wink.gif]
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

Ja, what Fnord said. However Ms Kanno is considered a Music Goddess by a fair number of netizens and it is a disc dedicated collectors will want. Not to mention the fact some tracks might be decent samples sources for those DJ inclined.
But then I don't think I should be talking too bad of Yoko Kanno fans considering I bought this and I'd all ready possessed two of the disks (so what if they came with the SE DVDs, Bandai USA screwed up the 1st OST in the R1 SE GITS:SAC vol.1).

--Rod.H
"I have a Tachikoma now....off to the handwaveium tank with it, I must go!"