Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally finished Stellvia
Finally finished Stellvia
Some of you may recall my posting this picture last year...

[Image: ckonpeito.png]

I can now state two things. Konpeito is indeed potentially addictive (despite or perhaps because it is almost pure sugar), and my Stellvia DVDs are going to be
keepers and not sold or traded any time soon.

A good ending, despite leaving the details of one of the story elements (the mysterious ships) only ever so partially answered. I think Vandread I & II
shall be up next...
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.
RE: Stellvia
Speaking of Stellvia...
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 

Quote:I can now state two things. Konpeito is indeed potentially addictive (despite or perhaps because it is almost pure sugar),
Probably "because". (I still have yet to find kompetio anywhere around here. &lt.sigh>)
Quote:and my Stellvia DVDs are going to be keepers and not sold or traded any time soon.
But of course! (Mind you, I'm biased somewhat...)
Quote:A good ending, despite leaving the details of one of the story elements (the mysterious ships) only ever so partially answered.
That's the thing about good stories - they don't explain every little detail. They assume the viewer/reader/listener has a brain. 8)

It seemed pretty obvious to me what the mysterious ships were... (spoiler) They were the aliens who were observing humanity, possibly in their natural forms. They bled when they were wounded, after all. And considering how they acted and reacted, they may have been a hivemind... (/spoiler)

--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012