Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAMNIT!!!!! R.I.P. Dave Stevens
DAMNIT!!!!! R.I.P. Dave Stevens
The man gave us "THE ROCKETEER" and helped us all rediscover
Bettie Page has put on his rocketpack and soared away for the very last time.

Excuse me. After Gary Gygax, and Janet Kagan, and Jeff Healey this past week and a half, I want to send a memo to God:

"Lord? All due respect, your holiness, but would you tell your angel of death to switch to FUCKING DECAF
ALREADY???!?!?! "

"I"m serious! Tell him to put DOWN the fucking scythe and just WALK AWAY for a week or two, OKAY?? Or go to
fucking Havana and whack Castro for some FUCKING BALANCE okay? Would you do that? Please?"

I really want to just cry, damnit...

yea and verilyy, Logan. Though sadly most of the young whippersnappers dont get our frothing over Fidel, there are enough here from that age to know what you
mean
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Goodbye, Rocketeer. Fly high.

Somebody needs to figure out what Fantasy-and-Science-Fiction-hating S.O.B. got his hands on a Death Note, and take it away from him!

P.S.: Fidel is small potatoes, a has-been. (And I'm 50 years old, so don't you puppies even think of calling me a young
whippersnapper who doesn't get it!) Kim Jong-il, now, could really do with being whacked. And Osama bin Laden ought to go without
saying, but I felt like saying it anyway.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Bin LAden should die in a pig stampede.

However, death comes to us all.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

(P.S. About Castro - I just said the first thing that popped to mind, since he'd been in the news recently. Sure, Kim Jong-il would be a better current
candidate. But he's hard to take as seriously, and Castro is long long LONG past his due date. That someone like Castro can linger, festering, for that
many years, and someone like Dave Stevens who's contributed so much better things can die so young... Someone up there has some FUCKED up priorities,
that's all I can say. On the other hand, Bin Laden has already been dead for years (In my opinion).

But this is getting off-topic, so anything else on the tangent should go to political, I think?)

There was a comic strip from Something Positive that addressed this.

You'll have to look back in the archives for it(when you find the Jeseus Chainsaw Massacre line you are at the prper storyline), but it went something like
this and I am badly paraphrasing

The good are taken, because God doesn't want them to suffer any more. The others are left to linger on Earth, because He really doesn't want to deal
with them.
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor