Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off on vacation
Off on vacation
Okay, fair warning time again: starting on Friday 21 March, Peg and I are going on a vacation; we won't be back until 31 March. We've long promised our
friends Kat and Joe that we'd take them down to our timeshare in Orlando when Nina got old enough to appreciate Disney World, and that's what we're
doing this spring. It's going to be a bit of an adventure -- we're taking an Amtrak sleeper train down and back on an overnight run, which we've
never done before. And certainly not with a very bright, very genki nine-year-old in our party.

As usual, if I can find an Internet cafe or the like I will check in, but no promises.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Have fun! [Image: happy.gif]

Hmmmmm...

A nine-year-old at Disneyworld...

A nine-year-old on an overnight train trip...

I don't know which she'll find more fun!

Knock yourselves out...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Heck, she's at the perfect age for this, too. Old enough to appreciate it, young enough that she's not "embarrassed" by being around her
parents on a trip. If I were a parent and had the means, I think I'd just take off the years when my child is 9-13 years old and spend as much time as
possible with them on fun stuff like this. ^_^ *Sigh*

Precisely why it's happening this year. She's just old enough to really appreciate it and stand a good chance of keeping the memories into adulthood.
-- Bob
---------

Definatly a Win win... Just don't overdo yourselves!!!!
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Okay, probably my last post for a while... thanks for all the good wishes.
-- Bob
---------

Hey, folks,,, Just a quick note from Orlando, courtesy of Scott's Palmpilot and the resort's wireless service. The train ride down was fun if a little
hard on the sleep. Tomorrow we intoduce Nina to Disney World... wish us luck,
-- Bob
---------

Good luck! You'll need it!

--
Rob Kelk

And on the third day, he arose, rolled the stone from in front of the tomb, and walked upon the Earth again.
A passer-by saw this, pointed to the stone, and said, "Close the door behind you! Were you born in a barn, or something?"
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Okay, latest update. Today was the second of two planned days in the Magic Kingdom, and it seems the pace is a bit much for most of us adults -- Peggy and I
seem to be the least affected, but we're both footsore and exhausted. And the other adults are worse off -- Joe even begged off from going today entirely,
his first day took so much out of him. At least we have a day's break before attempting Epcot.

Disney has changed -- some old favorites are gone (20,000 Leagues Under the Sea), and others have been reworked into something totally new (the old Moon
Mission is now "Stitch's Great Escape" -- the original circular "ship"/theatre is still there, but so dramatically rebuilt as to be
almost unrecognizable). Others just got an update to bring them in line with current tastes and/or newer Disney properties. (The Enchanted Tiki Room isn't
ending with "Let's All Sing Like the Birdies Sing" any more, for example.)

Okay, this stylus is making my fingers numb. More later.
-- Bob
---------