Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Light Yagami And The Trip To McDonald's
Light Yagami And The Trip To McDonald's
Perhaps
the perfect example of how Death Note the series works.

----------------

Epsilon

Or am I just saying that to throw you off track?

Just as planned....
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

aaaaaaand thats why I hate that series so much.

Way too much angst, and twisted plots.

Light's primary defense against L, isnt that he needs to keep L from suspecting him.

Its that even if L becomes CERTAIN that he is Kira, L then has to prove hes a serial killer,

slaying his victims with MAGIC!

All he has to avoid is being caught with the actual deathnote and incriminating list of names or research notes and any lawyer could get the case laughed out
of court....

But mostly I hate it because I realized they were making shit up as they went along, none of the plots were really that well done or deep.

So I cheated, and looked up some spoilers, to find out the whole thing is resolved with a big, fat, deus ex machina after the authors wrote themselves into a
corner.

One of the creators (the guy who wrote the story) actually *says* that made it up as he went along. '.'

In a way it's impressive that things held together as well as they did, given that.

Personally, I *like* twisted plots (and didn't really notice that much angst), but I was kind of dissatisfied with the ending. It seems like it ended up
being more luck than either side actually being cleverer than the other.

The creator also says that L was certain pretty much all along... It really was just a need for absolute proof that kept things going for so long.

-Morgan. Well, that and that everyone involved was taking things way too personally.

Getting magic laughed out of court when the whole case is about somebody slaying victims all over the world via heart attacks with no possible means of getting
to them would be harder than you think. Also, L points out he doesn't care if Kira is convicted, he just wants to catch him. Also, Light is a sociopath
with delusions of godhood; once L is hunting him, he cannot be satisfied with merely escaping (especially since L would just hound him forever), he needs to
destroy and kill him.

Kira is so dangerous that I'm surprised that somebody didn't just kill Light the moment he was considered a definite suspect.