Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaking of wide screens...
Speaking of wide screens...
Could you do me (and anyone else with a really big monitor who goes to your website) a big (pun intended!) favor? Widen your bacground image by at least 100 pixels of white on the right? at 1500p wide, I get a second green strip down the right as it tiles over... (Yes, I run 1600x1200 - I like a lot of screen real estate Smile
Thanks bunches!
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Re: Speaking of wide screens...
When I get a chance, I'll do that. I'm surprised that it took this long for it to be too small...
I guess this means I have to widen all the green banner heads, too... or maybe come up with a way of doing them in code. (I know it can be done; I just haven't gotten around to working it out. Yet.)

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
I wouldn't worry about those - while it may look a little off not extending all the way across, at least it doesn't interfere with reading the page. The green strip on the right, OTOH, tends to make reading the black text rather difficult... Smile
Offsides
Sorry about that, but when I hand-coded the whole damned site in 1997, I didn't actually think anyone would have monitors quite that large... More the fool me, since I know about the relentless march of progress...

-- Bob
---------
Son't worry about it - like I said, just stretch the background graphic and I'll be happy - the rest of the site works just fine.
Offsides
Finally got around to doing this, Josh. Check out any of my pages and see if it works for you, okay?

-- Bob
---------
Perfect - thanks!
Offsides
No problem. Just a matter of finding the time at home, since I don't have a decent graphics package on my work machine any more.

-- Bob
---------