Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free at last!?
Free at last!?
In recent news, Uwe Boll has said that if one million people say he should stop making movies, he will.

Now, he probably won't do what he says he'll do, considering his track record, but any chance to prevent more horrible video game movies is a good
thing.

You can sign the 'Stop Uwe Boll' petition here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/RRH53888/

It's at just over 100,000 signatures as I write this, up from the 80,000 range it was at last night.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

Damn you, get out of my head! ^_^

I JUST saw the thing and was headed here to post about it as well! Damnit! Scooped! ^_^

Almost needless to say, this is a petition worth signing!

I looked at this guys IMDB file... Ive never seen a thing he's done... why does everyone hate him so much?
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed

He makes videogames into movies without bothering to learn anything about the games -- he basically takes the title and runs with it.

And he's proud of it.

Among other things.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Uwe Boll

This page, along with the pages linked to it, should explain it.

Essentially, he makes video game movies. BAD video game movies. Boll's movies are intentionally bad: he and his investors actually benefit, under German
tax law, from producing failed movies. The first reason that people hate him is because he only makes movies that are so bad, they go past 'bad',
continue on past 'so bad, it's good', and move straight to 'horrible', and all of them are based off of video games. MST3K would be
ashamed of some of this stuff- his version of House of the Dead had scenes from the video game spliced into it. He's been compared unfavorably to Ed Wood,
the creator of Plan 9 From Outer Space.

The second reason people hate him is because he thinks his stuff is good (or at least acts like he thinks so). The guy is arrogant, and has nothing- less than
nothing- to back it up. Heck, he once challenged some critics insulting his movies to a boxing match- actually beat one guy up- and promptly backed out of a
televised fight he scheduled when he found out that his opponent for that one studied martial arts. This is probably just another publicity stunt, like the
boxing thing. Even if we get the million signatures, he'll just shrug, insult/blow off everybody who signed the thing, and keep infuriating the people who
actually want to see good video game movies by producing more dreck.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

Omigod... I just really realized what he's doing.

He's running the scam from The Producers!

I mean, I hate his guts for ruining potentially good game movies and franchises and bringing a bad name to the whole idea of videogame movies.

But on another level, I almost have to admire the sheer chutzpah of seeing the weakness in a failed system and exploiting it.

I just wish he wasn't doing it with movies that I would've wanted to watch! Damn his eyes!

Pish. A world without Uwe Boll movies would be an immeasurably sadder place. He's probably just using the petition as a way to find everyone who signs it
and personally punch them in the face, anyway.

(To be fair, incidentally, Boll was one of the few people who was legitimately using that tax law - most people were ripping off the German government to make
Hollywood movies. Also, he doesn't intentionally make bad movies, in fact he defends them rather stridently. Finally, that tax law has been repealed due to
the people - not Boll - who were abusing it.)
Uwe Boll
I love watching the man do his magic.

You get a less than B movie, pedestrian direction; and a cast that could only assembled by a man on drugs. Ben Kingsley? Billy Zane? Meatloaf? Michael
Madsen? and then he tops it off with a lead with nice breasts.

He comes in under budget - and thus will never lack for work

Plus he put his money where his mouth was and his fists where their mouths were and beat up several critics in a boxing match.

He is the strange, mutant offspring or Roger Corman, Ed Wood, William Castle and Sam Peckinpah (The qualify the last one, the violence in Bloodrayne is one of
the few times I have seen someone in film demonstrate exactly how much damage a broad blade causes to the human body.)

I would rather watch something directed by Boll than anything by Chris Columbus.

Shayne