Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something that's been occupying my time.
Something that's been occupying my time.
I've gotten hooked into the tournament playing ciruit (wargames: Flames of War) since the beginning of the year. Placed deadlast in the first one. Placed
second in my second tournament. Qualified for the Nationals in July. So now, I'm on essentially on the circuit playing in nearby tournaments, as well as
playing the local LGS. Met another crazy bunch of guys. So if you guys don't see me as much, you'll now.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Flames of War looks like fun, with the minis and all, but when I get into WW2 gaming I automatically find myself reaching for ASL...
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

They have a circuit??? Huh.

Closest I ever came was the occasional Battletech game at cons, and playing Yu-gi-oh! with my nephew.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
They have a circuit?
Well, there has been tournaments being hosted by the local game stores and out of state with Battlefront (the creator of FOW) sponsoring them. Pay the fee and
play 3-5 rounds, lasting 1-2 days depending on how intense it is. Need a minimum of 12 people to attend to qualify both the 2nd and 1st place holders to the
nationals. So, when you regularly play at least once a month in a tournament either local or out of state, you do start riding the circuit. Some of them are
local tourneys holding about 12-15 folks. The bigger ones I've attended runs 24-26. The biggest one I know so far was held in Kansas City recently hosted
56. The Nationals hosted 60 last year and looks to be bigger next year.

I've been playing for about 3 years now and started looking for more challenging competition. Now. I've gotten hooked.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell