Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Computer Problems
More Computer Problems
My desktop has died a most painful death. For a while, it's occasionally frozen on a black screen, transmitting nothing to the monitor. It would always
restart, and work fine.

Now, it'll start, but I get no picture and the power light is off (though the fans, hard drives, and DVD drives light up and make noise).

I think it's the power supply, motherboard, or graphics cards. I have heard that the power in my dorm is bad for PCs, so that strengthens the
"braindead power supply" theory, but the mobo could just not be powering the graphics cards, or both (I have 2 GeForce 6600 GTs, and get no picture
from either) cards could've died.

It is my 21st birthday on Sunday, and my savings are temporarily flush (Praise Bush, and my $300 extra tax return check!), so I'm thinking I can move up to
an 8800 Ultra, 750W modular power supply, and added voltage regulator (to make the power work well again). Thoughts on the problem/replacement?

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

if you are in the dorms add a ups. Dorm power tends to surge a lot, to the point where it's at the limits or beyond for powersupplies.which shortens their
lifespans considerably.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."