Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Entire Website is 404
My Entire Website is 404
I don't know why, but I will have an answer within 24 hours, I hope -- and maybe the site back up.
Thanks to Ed Becerra for calling me and letting me know there is a problem. I'll be dealing with it ASAP.
Please don't flood my email -- which I haven't yet checked -- with notices; for all I know, actually, my email may be down, too. Aren't vacations wonderful.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Update
My email is live, so my account isn't gone. I suspect the eclipse web server is just offline for some reason. I'll find out tonight or tomorrow, and post here when I can. It's probably nothing serious, and even if it is, I have backups I can restore from when I get home at the end of the coming weekend. I'm more worried about the effect of Isabel on our house right now than this...

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
It's Baaaaaack
Yup, probably a server problem - looks reasonably intact to me...
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Re: It's Baaaaaack
Gotta be a server problem. Was about to ask, since as of the timestamp on this post it's down again. Even the boards graphic header is gone"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Hmm... and it's back now. Curiouser and curiouser...
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
not for me, though. Wonder if a router or something is putzed?"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Well, it's gone now, so I'm gonna do a couple quick diagnostics... (I'm a Net.Geek if there ever was one here Smile
[...]
OK, the server's still there, but Eclipse.Net is done for. From the home page www.eclipse.net:
Quote:
ECLIPSE Internet Access is now a NetCarrier Company.
You will be redirected to www.netcarrier.com.
Eclipse customers who would like to use webmail to check their email may use email.eclipse.net
Hey Bob, looks like it's time to move your site to warriors-alpha.net - I guarantee that I won't sell the company without giving you fair warning Smile I expect your e-mail to keep working for at least a while, but again it might be worth moving that too...
Offsides

If anyone else out on this board is looking for reliable web hosting, I have a company that does it on the side. We're not the cheapest out there, and we don't provide hand-holding for people who don't know how to follow directions, but we do know what we're doing. See www.coyotetechnical.com and/or contact me via sales at that domain.
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At LargeDrunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large