Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uwe Boll on gaming movies
Uwe Boll on gaming movies
Well, sort of... The Inquirer: Uwe Boll denied keys to Azeroth

His quote near the end of the article speaks volumes, doesn't it?

--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Hm. Is hypocrisy the right word here? Or just plain stupidity? On one hand he makes 'movies' about games, presumably for gamers. On the other.. he
doesn't like the target audience. o.o

Perhaps we have hit upon the real reason why his movies suck so badly o.O?

Man, this is good news, and very funny, too. Thank god the guys at Blizzard have some sense and taste.

Quote: "I got in contact with Paul Sams of Blizzard, and he said, 'We will not sell the movie rights, not to you...especially not to you. Because it's such a big online game success, maybe a
bad movie would destroy that ongoing income, what the company has with it."
(Emphasis added by me.)

Uwe Boll? You just had your ass handed to you, and rightfully so!

Oh, definitely. Hopefully more game companies will be following this lead, and they'll starve the putz.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I think what bothers me most is Boll's apparent belief that hardcore gamers are also a buncha feeelthy pie-rats who would rather get a bit torrent of
whatever they want than paying for it. Not true, in fact from what I've seen 90% of the gamers, even if they first checked out the game via a free
whatever, will go out and buy a valid copy; the point being they like the game enough that they will gladly help support the company who made it stay
financially viable and producing more product...
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Quote: Star Ranger4 wrote:

I think what bothers me most is Boll's apparent belief that hardcore gamers are also a buncha feeelthy pie-rats who would rather get a bit torrent of
whatever they want than paying for it. Not true, in fact from what I've seen 90% of the gamers, even if they first checked out the game via a free
whatever, will go out and buy a valid copy; the point being they like the game enough that they will gladly help support the company who made it stay

He has amply demonstrated that he doesn't know what the average moviegoer wants or how to handle professional criticism (HINT: When someone criticizes
your work, you don't challenge them to a fight. Especially when you're a former semi-pro, and they're not. That doesn't make you right; it just
makes you a bully.). Why is it a surprise that he has no idea what his target demographic of fan is like?
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Quote: Ebony wrote:

Quote: Star Ranger4 wrote:

He has amply demonstrated that he doesn't know what the average moviegoer wants or how to handle professional criticism (HINT: When someone criticizes
your work, you don't challenge them to a fight. Especially when you're a former semi-pro, and they're not. That doesn't make you right; it
just makes you a bully.). Why is it a surprise that he has no idea what his target demographic of fan is like?

Actually, he perfectly understands his target demographic. It's just that his target demographic happens to be 'People who venerate Uwe Boll and
everything he does'.

Quote:Actually, he perfectly understands his target demographic. It's just that his target demographic happens to be 'People who venerate Uwe Boll and everything he does'.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that demographic more simply called "Uwe Boll"?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote: robkelk wrote:

Quote: Actually, he perfectly understands his target demographic. It's just that his target demographic happens to be 'People who venerate Uwe Boll and
everything he does'.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that demographic more simply called "Uwe Boll"?

Probably. It might not be a big demographic, but you have to admit that he's devoted to it.