Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a program...
Looking for a program...
I'd like to find a program that will act as a virtual DVD recorder.

It's pretty easy to find virtual disc drive programs. But what I'm looking for is something that will appear to the system as a recording device, which
I can then have another program write to. But instead of writing it to a DVD, it'll create an image file.

Anyone know where I could find such a thing?

-Morgan.

nero does that, just set the burning device as "image recorder"

Also, there should be a lot of utilities to take a directory or bunch of files and make them into an iso filesystem ( used for cdrom/dvd )

No good. I need something that will appear as a burner to an arbitrary program, which has no built-in options to store data to the hard drive instead of a
disc.

-Morgan.

I think daemon tools, might do what you are looking for then.

If not, then im out of ideas that dont involve linux.

Nope. In fact, they've actually got some topics on their forums by people looking for the same thing... most of which got wrong answers given to them. -.-

One did however give me a lead to this program... VirtualCd.

I can tell by reading the manual that they understand exactly why someone would want a program to do this. It's great. ~.~

-Morgan.

I can't recommend VirtualCD enough.

Although to be honest, I should point out that I haven't upgraded since version 5. Which still works. Perfectly. On every new machine I've built
since then. Smile

(I should throw some more money at them just to see what the new goodies are like, I suppose...)

And the network support is phenomenal. Most of my ISO images are stored on my server, and my laptop just points to that. Even over a wireless link it's
unnoticeable. (Though I wouldn't suggest using that method for *writing* images, you understand...)

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs