Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh, I really, really hope it lives up to the stills....
Oh, I really, really hope it lives up to the stills....
Ain't It Cool News has another publicity still for "Watchmen." Click here to see the group
shot of the Minutemen (Nite Owl, Captain Metropolis, Silk Spectre, The Comedian, Hooded Justice, Dollar Bill, Mothman, and Silhouette) made real.

God, I hope this doesn't suck.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

As I note that some of the message subjects already say, this looks like a recreation of a "photo" from the original -- and it has a very authentic 40s feel to it. I am reminded very strongly of stills I've seen of contemporary-period Batman serials and other superhero films from around that time; it looks a little hokey -- almost certainly intentionally so -- but it feels right.

I agree, Ebony -- I'm hoping greatly that it doesn't suck.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I know I risk burnination for saying this, but I'm really looking forward to this because it'll likely distill the main points of the plot into
something that I can consume easily. I'm constantly daunted by the sheer SIZE of the Watchmen TPB, and while it's not quite like, say, the Harry Potter
films where there was no visual interpretation to go off of, I'm hoping it's at least as good as V for Vendetta was.

And just like the latter, I imagine Alan Moore will be pissed with the end result.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

And just like the latter, I imagine Alan Moore will be pissed with the end result.

He already is.