Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chocolate
Chocolate
I was expecting a sweet romantic comedy or just plain romance. Then I read the description and I was expecting a fun, uplifting martial arts movie. Because
when I read "Zen has to fight her way to raise funds for her mother's treatments," I was expecting perhaps bouts in some sort of fight arena not
... mafia like, although I probably should have due to the first part of the description. Then I watched the movie and realized it was the most sick (in a good
way), insane martial arts choreography that I've ever seen.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/group/CRSeri ... te_-_Movie

The scary thing is the actress that does the main fighting does not have a stunt double. After the credits, there are some cool scenes of making the movie.
Wait. Did I say cool? Well, they're cool but just from the standpoint of, uh, safety of the stunt men, realism doesn't require -actually- falling off
of a four story building and hitting various ledges. That's what movie magic and air bags to catch the stunt men are for.

After I see this sort of movie, I think Black Lagoon could happen in live action ... if the actresses/actors were Thai fighters.