Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lighter side of Gas Prices
The Lighter side of Gas Prices
Someone placed these on a forum I fequent and I thought someone should get a kick out of this:

[Image: petro6.jpg]

[Image: petrol9.jpg]

[Image: petrol7.jpg]

[Image: petrol5.jpg]

[Image: petrol8.jpg]
[Image: petrol11.jpg]
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Regarding that last one: a local mom-n-pop gas station here (who have closed their doors now, alas) had, at the start of the sharp upswing last year, a sign
reading:

ARM 9/10

LEG 9/10

SOL 9/10

I was vastly amused, both by the wordplay, and then also by the thought that premium gas would cost me the Sun.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

Not being a spiritualist, I can't be certain, but knowing the general disposition of most people I believe they weren't using 'Sol' as sun, but
as Soul. Maybe. Makes some sense, at least (i.e. Sell your soul for a tank of gas).
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Or perhaps "Shit Out of Luck"....
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

*slaps forehead*

Obviously I'm more of a geek than I thought. Either of those would be more likely than my interpretation. [Image: smile.gif]

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs