Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh....wait...WHAT?
Uh....wait...WHAT?
Grant Morrison's concepts for
Japanese superteams in Final Crisis

I....I'm not even Japanese and *I'm* offended by these.

That said, the supergenius genki girl who made a freaking warsuit with power-hammers in her spare time to go fight evildoers is actually quite charming. I can
only conclude that Morrisson stumbled onto an actual Japanese hero concept by pure accident.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

O_o;; WTF?

That's just plain wrong in so many ways. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced Morrison needs to stop writing for a while. Jim Shooter too,
actually.

Now I've -got- to write Sailor Bat: Justice Senshi Unlimited.

It just must be done.

None of these designs survived to actual printing. Actually one or two did make the cut, but with massive overhauls in appearance to make them look more
visually appealing. The Super Young Team was done very, very well. And they serve as great foils for Sonny Sumo, who's the most visually uninteresting
person ever (enormous, bald Japanese guy in jeans and tanktop).

The point behind them was that they chopped up elements of other heros' designs to create their own identity, instead of coming up with anything new
themselves.

For those wondering, The Most Excellent Superbat and the Green Lantern derived guy made the cut. The Most Excellent Superbat ALWAYS refers to himself as that,
and in the third person no less.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

I understood what he was getting at, as Berk notes, but still, it was a WTF moment anyway.

BTW, best comment from the subsequent thread in my opinion:
Quote:Besides, I think you're all just too shy to admit that you totally want to see Bruce Wanye's magical girl transformation scene.

BAT CRYSTAL POWER! MAKE UP!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Also, I want to note, Sonny Sumo is still the most badassed thing to come out of Kirby's run. He's just this meat miracle, walking around. I kinda
wonder how he's going to work out in this format, though, since he somehow uses the Anti-Life Equation to control his body. We've already seen
fragments of what the ALE is, according to Morrison, and it shouldn't work like that unless he is somehow REVERSING the ALE.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead