New Watchmen Trailer
Here.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

*shudder*

DO WANT.

this looks so very very awesome. the poster of the trailer asks why 'everyone has to talk in a fake gravelly voice', and is an idiot.

Rorschach _has_ a 'fake gravelly voice'. Everyone else had fairly normal voices.

I am so very very intrigued and pleased. I want to see this, immediately.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Very interesting....

Of course, I know of at least two people who're huge fans of the series and will be whining their asses off that Doc Manhattan isn't naked.

Me, this is looking to be pretty damn awesome.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Yes, the artistry of the film will be rendered completely for naught unless there is a 20 foot, glowing, blue space willy upon the screen.

(And how often do you get the opportunity to write a sentence like that?)

Heh. Not too often I'd imagine.

As to his nakedness or lack thereof - in the source, he's not always naked. In fact, he sort of goes through a "de-evolution" in his costume.
Originally it was a black bodysuit mandated by the government. He just started leaving parts of it behind as the years went along. (There's about a 35-40
year timeline) and by the early 1970s was just wearing a "speedo" as you see in the trailer. In the "modern here-and-now" of 1985 as the
story begins, he's basically come to not even care about that. It's a visual cue as to his alienation with mankind and its mores. He just doesn't
care about those things very much unless someone reminds him. There is one time when he wears a suit and tie. On a talk-show when his handlers tell him to do
so. That kinda goes bad and turns into a near riot (also seen in the trailer)

And even in scenes where he is naked, the comic artist often used dodges like "just out of frame" or some such. Or they might not actually be dodges,
since the story might simply call for a closer frame of him at that point. It's been a long time since I've read the series. I'm going from memory
here.

you should pick up the trade, it's Good Stuff
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

At first, the Doc's genitalia are kept out of frame, but later -- starting after the talk show -- Gibbons stopped doing that. Chronologically, the last
time he's seen wearing anything resembling "clothes" outside public appearances (talk show, funeral) is during the '77 riots, and his rear is
still fully exposed. Actually, I think everything in the trailer fit for the presumed time periods.

I do wonder whether Rorschach would be talking like that if not for Nolan and Bale.

Pronounced "shy guy."

Actually Rorshach's voice is described as "weird and affected" in the original comic, at least after the kidnapping incident. Before that, he
spoke like other human beings.

---------------------

Epsilon

True -- and they lettered it oddly to suggest that it sounded different and off.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.