Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drunkard's Walk Main Page
Drunkard's Walk Main Page
I've made a minor, fun tweak to the Drunkard's Walk Main Page, in case anyone's interested.
You may have to reload the page a time or two to see what I changed.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Re: Drunkard's Walk Main Page
I don't get it. I still can't figure out what you've changed.[Image: nerd.gif]
(Edit to add)
I take it back... I have figured out what's supposed to happen, but it doesn't seem to be doing it on IE 5.5, Bob. Of course, that COULD just be because we're talking about IE... [Image: pimp.gif] "I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."

-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Quote:
I take it back... I have figured out what's supposed to happen, but it doesn't seem to be doing it on IE 5.5,
I wonder why that would be; it's a call over to HostedScripts.com, and shouldn't depend on anything running or set on your system. Curious.

-- Bob
---------
Well, at the moment I'm thinking that for whatever reason IE 5.5 doesn't realise what said script is trying to include, and is therefore ignoring its output. Like I said, at the moment I think its something in how IE formats text, cause I also just double checked using my mom's netscape (4.76) and durn if it didnt work just right... Well, almost. the formating was off."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."

NO QUARTER!!!
Damn. I guess I just can't make it right on everything, can I? That's why I didn't turn it on when I'd set it up a couple of months ago. But I was bored, I'd gone back and trashed the worst of the stupid lines, and I figured, what the hell? Oh, well.

-- Bob
---------
I cant tell what you changed, but its working right in IE now... Say, did you just add the tag or something like that? cause that was the one thought that occured to me overnight was that for some reason IE thought the response from Hosted scripts was supposed to go inside the as a tag!! [Image: eek.gif] "I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."

NO QUARTER!!!
Nope, I haven't touched it since I turned it on and made the announcement. Curious.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Curious.
Not really - it's a M$ product [Image: smile.gif]
That being said, IE6 had no problem with it from the beginning, though I missed it the first couple times through...
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Well, that was kind of intended. I was hoping people would go "Huh? Did that change?" and take a second look.
(Of course telling you all that I'd done something kinda ruined that... )

-- Bob
---------