Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's Next?
Who's Next?
David Tennant is stepping down as the Doctor. He basically says if he doesn't go now, he'll stay in the role until they pry the sonic screwdriver from his cold, dead fingers.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Well crap... I was really looking forward to a longer run from him.

I would have been, if not for Russel Davies' increasingly stupid take on the Doctor. By this point he's a badly written Gary Stu. Sad

--Sam

"HEDGE!"

The thing about that is, Lurker, that Davies is /also/ on the way out.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Yeah, I know. But Tennant is totally tied up in my mind with Davies' run, so I'm actually fairly happy that there'll be a clean sweep. Maybe once
Big Finish talks Tennant into doing some audios I'll be ready to try again.

...There should be a Sapphire and Steel revival, with Moffat at the helm. He's just that creepy. Smile

--Sam

"Sanity, you're a madman!"

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Sigh. Two doctors in four short years :S At this rate it'll be Doctor number 13 before we know it Sad

As if millions of female voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced as Who forums across the globe collapsed under the bandwidth strain.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"

Man... Did I ever mention that any time I happened to catch the original it was almost always a Baker's Doctor's episode? For the longest time I
wondered who these other blokes people mentioned were cause... I never saw them....
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Well, T.Baker also did spend the longest in the role of any of the Doctors, just under seven years, almost twice as long as any other Doctor. Most of the
others had three- or four-year runs, so Tennant's not so much different from his predecessors.

I am curious as to who will get picked to replace him. I remember rumors when T.Baker stepped down that his replacement could be a woman; I wonder if the
creators would ever pull something like that. "Oh, well this is different" would be a potential first line
along the lines of previous incarnations.
------------
Honou Productions.