Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okay, this is just wrong.
Okay, this is just wrong.
While at the same time perfectly right.  Sadly, after watching it, I don't think I'm going to ever enjoy [link=//%[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIkCTGoE4DY]www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIkCTGoE4DY]"Maxwell's Silver Hammer"[/url] the same way again.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

O_O

amazing...
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

I mean, you've known the lyrics for decades, right? You've surely sung along with a smile on your face. But did you ever think about what's really being described? Ack.
-- Bob
---------

Now try watching a Higurashi AMV set to that song...

--Amanda
"Hey, it's not like dying is on my schedule for this week."
--Yumeko Asagiri, Bubblegum Crisis: The Next Generation, part 3

Seriously? That was more or less what I was imagining when I heard the song. That's the *point*. Nice happy tune, absoutely horrific subject.

Now what *should* make you wonder is how much of a sick freak I am for having a CoH *Hero* called 'Max's Silver Hammer'.

^_^

Well, yeah, but I didn't visualize it quite that thoroughly, and I could have done without it, even in cartoon form.
-- Bob
---------

In that case, you probably don't want to watch http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... .php?v=525]this AMV either...

(Honestly, why are some people surprised that some other people actually pay attention to the lyrics in songs?)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Ever pay attention to the lyrics of Mack the Knife? Frank freaking Sinatra (and a bunch of others) sang a murder ballad about a knife wielding psycho.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

How many of you cheered when you watched the Iron Man trailer and heard that excellent guitar riff?

How many of you remember what that song is actually about?

-------------------

Epsilon

Oh, I pay attention to the lyrics. I just don't visualize them to that extent. I see I'm in some kind of minority, though.
-- Bob
---------

Oh there's a few times I've been in your shoes, Bob. I remember one song (which escapes me right now) where at one point I was listening to it and was
horrified to realize that this song was about a woman who beats the crap out of her lover.

Quote: Bob Schroeck wrote:

Oh, I pay attention to the lyrics. I just don't visualize them to that extent. I see I'm in some kind of minority, though.

Considering the superpower of your most defining character, I find this the most ironic statement you have ever made.

Edit: Also, enjoying this songs is probably no worse than enjoying Dexter of Death Note or Jason X or any other thing about horrible monsters.

-------------------

Epsilon

Honestly, Epsilon, not many songs lend themselves to quick, simple literal power interpretations -- they're few and far between, and I am grateful when I find them. With most songs it's more what they suggest than what they literally say; I don't usually want or need to turn them into a video in my head.
-- Bob
---------