Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never try to take on ice, you will LOSE

Broken tailbone = sitting on a foam donut for a while... but at least that's temporary.

The 'ripping of somthing in my hip' has peaked my morbid curiousity. Did your B/F put you into a wrestling hold? (Leg Lock)
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

Jesus. I thought I had it bad with my double fall a couple days ago. Went down once on my side, then while getting up fell flat on my back. Thankfully, the
second fall was only from about knee-height, so aside for knocking the breath out of me for a second I'm fine. Nice nasty bruises on my side from the first
fall, though.

*sigh* And I was going on 10 years without a winter slip-n-fall episode.

Quote: Kurisu wrote:

Broken tailbone = sitting on a foam donut for a while... but at least that's temporary.

The 'ripping of somthing in my hip' has peaked my morbid curiousity. Did your B/F put you into a wrestling hold? (Leg Lock)

Something he does when he's trying to be cute and we're sitting right by each other on the couch is he'll grab my nearest leg and pull it across
his lap. Normally I can do it fine. Last night, er, didn't go quite so well. I felt a pop and all different kinds of pain, and now since then I've
gotten this occasional burning pain on the side of my hip and just above my buttcheek (doc said that one above the butt is the sciatic nerve complaining).
Definitely can't lift my leg very high now.

And yup, if it's broken I get to buy a donut cushion. Luckily (?) we sell them at my work. Unfortunately my job requires me to be on my feet. If I'm
manning the front register I can just borrow a chair (and sit on the aforementioned cushion), but I'm usually in the photo department and it's been
very very busy back there as of late. I could just take the Vicodin...but then I'd probably fall asleep on my feet! Hmm, decisions, decisions.

--Amanda
"Hey, it's not like dying is on my schedule for this week."
--Yumeko Asagiri, Bubblegum Crisis: The Next Generation, part 3

Hrm... Vicoden and working in the Photo Department. I see evil things happening...

(Did I just develop a roll of blank film? ...nah)

(receives a roll of 'naked pictures' and instead of reporting it, leaves a note giving hints of camera angle and body poses.)
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

Sorry to hear it's as bad as all that, Amanda. At least you're being treated now... and good luck with the Photo Department. Surely your (or a)
supervisor will understand the severity of the injury and assign you to a less active station?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

For Ghu's sake, Amanda, this is what sick days were invented for.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

And disability leave for that matter.
-- Bob
---------

Y'know, that part of my spine (the sacrum and tailbone) were actually feeling ok, until the doc touched them during the exam. Now I've got
this persistent ache/pain in them. Aaaargh.

I have a copy of my x-rays, and while I certainly don't know how to read them, I did notice something and after comparing them to images on the Web (bad
idea?), it looks like my sacrum is broken clean through. But hey, what do I know =P I'll wait for the call and see if I'm right. (EDIT: Ok, after
looking at other pictures apparently I was looking at the wrong spot. But still, something hurts down there and I wanna know what!)

(FWIW I had to look up yesterday what a sacrum even is. It's the bony part of the spine between the lumbar spine and tailbone. So if it is really broken
can I officially say I broke my spine?? Oh, and take everything in this post with a grain of salt until I get the doc's word.)

--Amanda

Go figure, I get a message from the doc while I'm in the shower. (Oh yes, hot water feels sooo good on my hip...and no, that's not sarcasm, it really
does feel good)

Good news: Nothing's broken or dislocated. Everything looks perfectly normal. (Apparently that gap in a bone I'm seeing on the x-ray is supposed to
be there, judging from further research I did.)

Bad news: If I'm still hurting later on, I ought to look at physical therapy.

Other bad news (my opinion): My tailbone still hurts like mad. Probably bruised it, and judging from research I did on THAT it can take several weeks to heal.

Conclusion: my boyfriend is still an idiot.

--Amanda

yumekochan Wrote:Go figure, I get a message from the doc while I'm in the shower.  (Oh yes, hot water feels sooo good on my hip...and no, that's not sarcasm, it really does feel good)
The heat's promoting blood flow in the area, and that helps your body heal and fight the pain.

(Mind you, hot water's relatively expensive compared to those reusable heat pads some skiiers slip into their gloves.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:Conclusion: my boyfriend is still an idiot.
Take him back to the store and exchange him for one that works right. I'm happy to hear that while things are still hurt, they are not hurt as badly as they could have been. Heal quickly!
-- Bob
---------

Quote: yumekochan wrote:

Conclusion: my boyfriend is still an idiot.

--Amanda

And this is news How???
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

*whine whine whine*

I didn't take my Vicodin before I went to bed last night; felt ok. Boy, I think I paid for that today. My hip (and the right side of my lower back)
huuuurt at work. Took a pill just before heading in, but it did absolutely squat.

The bottle says I can take two if I need to, but I'd probably fall asleep on my feet. Either that or be VERY happy. And my b/f still doesn't think
his leg-pulling is the cause of my hip problems.

On the bright side, I most certainly recognized the pain I was having. Pulled-muscle pain has that distinct feeling about it =P Kinda scary that the
Vicodin didn't touch it today though.

--Amanda

It's been a few weeks since your last post, Amanda. How are you doing now? I hope there's been some improvement...
-- Bob
---------

Y'know what they say, no news is good news. It's better for the most part, although when I try to curl up in bed it does hurt a little, but stretching
out my legs takes care of that. I suppose time will tell =P

And of course, it's always gotta be something. Since the turn of the year my PTSD issues have flared up big-time. Since it'll be ten years since the
major stuff happened/started and all. Making for some interesting moments in my latest Yumeko story since she's got her own PTSD issues to work through as
well.

--Amanda

Good to hear the physical pain is fading.

Sorry to hear about the PTSD. What set it off, anything specific, or was it just like a general increase in anxiety levels? Is it anything that talking about
can help with?
-- Bob
---------

Just a general increase in anxiety. I get that tight feeling in my chest a lot but I think I've only had one actual panic attack.

I wrote a major scene in my newest fanfic the same day as my last post (Priss trying to help Yumeko with her issues in a pivotal way) and while writing that
scene was emotionally draining, I've been feeling pretty darn good since then ^_^

--Amanda

Gotta love creative catharsis! Good to hear that you're feeling better, then.
-- Bob
---------

Yup yup. Hopefully A Deviant's Days will be done sometime in the next week Smile

--Amanda

My hip, for whatever reason, has been acting up for the past couple days. I tried some simple squats (i.e. just crouching down) at work and I ended up giving
myself a minor limp. I looked up some hip stretching exercises just now (for hip flexor strains, though I don't know if that's what's wrong), and
having tried that my hip is now somewhat squealing in protest. Can't blame it on the weather -- hasn't been particularly cold. Maybe it just never
healed properly.

Guess I'll try doing the stretches every day and see if that helps at all =P

--Amanda

Take it easy with those stretches for the first few days, Amanda - I doubt you'd want to make things worse instead of better.

And always remember: If it hurts, you're doing something wrong.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Hmmm... In my experience, I could usually tell the difference between hurts-so-good and AUUUGGGHHH-That-hurts!

Felt fine during the stretching. It was when I was relaxing on the couch afterward that it started to hurt a little. But it didn't last long, and it
wasn't the OMG-paaaain kind (though it was a little annoying).

--Amanda

Ahh, then I don't think that's something to really worry about, then. To me, that sounds like, "Okay, that was a bit difficult, it needed to
happen, now lets take five for a bit."