Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oww. And Heh.
Oww. And Heh.
So, in between the wonderful dishwasher issues I've been having, I've also had a bad cold. Fairly typical cold for me - Sore Throat proceeds to Nasal
Congestion proceeds to Cough That Lasts Forever. That cough is aggravated by a case of pneumonia I had 15 years ago - ever since then, when I start to cough,
it *always* gets so bad I tear up my throat at least once before I start to get better.

Well, this time, in the truly bad cough period, I feel a sort of pop in my lower abdomen. It wasn't bad, and didn't bother me aside for some minor
discomfort. Of course, my wife immediately thinks it's a hernia.

I call our provincial health line, and they panic over the phone and tell me to see a doctor right away. So I go see my doctor (who is a good friend to my
family), sees me, and tells me:

"It's a torn muscle. It's go away in a couple weeks. Tell the f***ing health line to f*** off, and stop diagnosing things over the phone."

At which point I laugh so hard I fall out of the chair.

Well, there you go. Despite your rash of troubles recently, there's conclusive evidence right there that the universe is not out to get you after all.

If it had been, you would have gotten a hernia from falling out of the chair. Smile

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

Quote:Sore Throat proceeds to Nasal Congestion proceeds to Cough That Lasts Forever.
Sounds very familiar. I get that at least once every winter. Case in point -- last weekend, I caught a very very minor cold. Slight stuffiness, barely raw throat, no fever, no aches -- and a cough that made me sound like I was aiming to kick Nicole Kidman out of the "dying with consumption" scene at the end of Moulin Rouge. A week later, I have no symptoms left... except for the freaking cough.

So I sympathize deeply.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.