Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Page Blows My Mind
This Page Blows My Mind
Because either a) it's evidence of incredible levels of research by an animation team, or b) it means The Melancholy
of Haruhi Suzumiya is more than it appears.

Stalking Haruhi Suzumiya
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

That is awesome. One of the head guys that does the scenery must live in that area.

I'm not sure why, but I find it amusing that I can see where a building has been demolished since the anime was made, in the fifth and sixth images from
the end.
-- Bob
---------

This isn't uncommon at all, actually. A lot of manga artists and animation studios do this level of research.

--Sam

"If that's art, then art is dirty and weird!"

I knew it had been done for Gunsmith Cats, but thought that was a special case. (Maybe it was, because it was Chicago...)
-- Bob
---------

It was also done for Elfen Lied; there is a similar site that compares shot of the show to where they came from. Sadly, due to my hard drive dying, I do not
currently have that bookmark.

Quote:Sadly, due to my hard drive dying, I do not currently have that bookmark.
I've asked over on Usenet whether anybody else knows of that page. (And I'm surprised you didn't...)

Edit: I wait a mere half-hour after posting the request to Usenet, and I get a reply. Not for Elfin Lied, though - this one's for http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~dai_/diary/one.htm]Onegai Teacher. I'll post more replies if I get them...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I've also seen one for Kanon 2006, and another for Initial D. I know I have the Kanon one bookmarked, but I'm having trouble finding it right now.

Edit: Found the link for the Kanon one

I also found two sites with location photos for Initial D, but the main one is now apparently gone
------------
Honou Productions.

The page linked at the bottom of that one makes me sad.

-----------------

Not surprised, just sad.